ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries next week

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:48 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:01 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:56 pm
Tigers should have taken my advice and gone to Leicester Forest last week, keep booting the ball in the air like Wigglesworth and Spencer and pracitised for the bad ball bounces. We are away on another plastic pitch next week, will they learn?
Earlier I mentioned the blocking, especially at kick chase, not defending Varndell, but no one could get to the ball, everytime we were blocked out.
Agree with the offsides!
Regarding the final kicks through, our back 3 were not deep enough for that wind, bad bounces and fumbles on a plaggy pitch did for us, but we were slow to get back and the rucking was half hearted!
They don't need to go to Leicester Forest. They've got a 3G pitch at Oval Park.

Did you attend any training sessions this week? I doubt you did so I'm not sure how you know what Tigers did and didn't practice.
His point still stands.
Why, because we lost?

I like how he says Tigers should have taken his advice- Did he even give Tigers his advice?

Also, were you at training this week?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:56 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:01 pm

They don't need to go to Leicester Forest. They've got a 3G pitch at Oval Park.

Did you attend any training sessions this week? I doubt you did so I'm not sure how you know what Tigers did and didn't practice.
His point still stands.
Why, because we lost?

I like how he says Tigers should have taken his advice- Did he even give Tigers his advice?

Don't be silly Ellis, you've just helped me with Tigers Accounts, now you revert to your usual argumentative ways, of course I was not, but Tigers training facilities don't replicate the bounce of a 3/4G pitch, this is a forum on which I was expressing my opinion!!!!!!!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Agree these pitches need practice but thought Sarries were also caught out by the bounce on occasions.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:23 pm
His point still stands.
Why, because we lost?

Don't be silly Ellis, you've just helped me with Tigers Accounts, now you revert to your usual argumentative ways, of course I was not, but Tigers training facilities don't replicate the bounce of a 3/4G pitch, this is a forum on which I was expressing my opinion!!!!!!!
If they train on the 3G pitch at Oval Park it replicates it.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Why, because we lost?

Not from what I have seen at Oval Park, it dose not, and I go there quite a lot, I note you live in Birmingham, have you ever been there?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I haven't read the thread to the bitter end but struck me that in two consecutive posts we had:
we are 10 years away from catching up with the top clubs
and then from another poster:
I expect the Tigers to win every game.
I am not really sure you can have a sensible conversation when people are posting such statements... and to be honest there were other crazy ones I could have picked.

In terms of this game: IMO we got the tactics spot on for the most part. We lacked a bit of belief which wasn't that surprising and gave up easy scores at the death.

In terms of the bigger picture: nothing changes. We have plenty to build on and Murphy needs to be given time.

Time to move on to next week and Worcester.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Not from what I have seen at Oval Park, it dose not, and I go there quite a lot, I note you live in Birmingham, have you ever been there?
Yes I trained on it when I was in the academy.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:14 pm

I have never seen a ball bounce at Oval Park like it does on the Crumb pitch at Sarries, but who am I to know? Please tell me more, about your time in the academy, how old are you, when were you in the academy, what position did you play and are you related to Harry, or indeed are you Harry and I might take you a little more seriously instead of purely thinking of you as someone disagreeable.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:37 pm

I have never seen a ball bounce at Oval Park like it does on the Crumb pitch at Sarries, but who am I to know? Please tell me more, about your time in the academy, how old are you, when were you in the academy, what position did you play and are you related to Harry, or indeed are you Harry and I might take you a little more seriously instead of purely thinking of you as someone disagreeable.
Are you there Ellis?
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

ourla wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:09 pm I haven't read the thread to the bitter end but struck me that in two consecutive posts we had:
we are 10 years away from catching up with the top clubs
and then from another poster:
I expect the Tigers to win every game.
I am not really sure you can have a sensible conversation when people are posting such statements... and to be honest there were other crazy ones I could have picked.

In terms of this game: IMO we got the tactics spot on for the most part. We lacked a bit of belief which wasn't that surprising and gave up easy scores at the death.

In terms of the bigger picture: nothing changes. We have plenty to build on and Murphy needs to be given time.

Time to move on to next week and Worcester.
Couldn't agree more as I posted earlier. On top of the negativity many threads seem to degenerate into personal attacks between posters. Be nice if these people with their superior amounts of rugby knowledge and experience could look for some positives and try to educate us mere mortals in the finer points of the game! In a respectful way of course.
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:37 pm

I spent a couple of seasons in the academy when aged 14 and 15.

Played scrum half.

I'm not Harry Ellis.

I'm not related to Harry Ellis.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

As noted on another thread the old “Astro” area at Oval Park has been replaced by a 3G rugby system like (but not the same) as Sarries pitch.

There are loads of World Rugby compliant 3G systems, some good some average so not just one to choose.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

GM getting through under the bus on some forums about his handling of his own players with the press. After this game and previously. Anything in it,or just rival fans with an axe to grind?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:56 pm GM getting through under the bus on some forums about his handling of his own players with the press. After this game and previously. Anything in it,or just rival fans with an axe to grind?
I haven't read anything myself.

My take is that he has criticised some players but in a rational and logical way.

Ironically some were saying he was too close to the players and too soft.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 am As noted on another thread the old “Astro” area at Oval Park has been replaced by a 3G rugby system like (but not the same) as Sarries pitch.

There are loads of World Rugby compliant 3G systems, some good some average so not just one to choose.
Deadly Dunc you have confirmed what I know, the old Astro which Ellis played on several years ago who 14 has been replaced, but I'm sure the bounce on this new one is nowhere near the same as Sarries, their pitch has a crumb finish, it sticks to your face, as per what I saw when my Grandson played on it!
Im fairly sure, ours is laid on soil, has a material base through which some natural grass grows along with some artificial strands, bur Sarries seems to be laid on solid foundation, its an athletic stadium, but I don't know for certain.?