Sarries next week

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries next week

Post by sam16111986 »

Only time White went fast he found himself on his own. Good option to tap and go from the scrum free kick and none of the other 14 players ran a support line for him. No wonder he took his time at the base.

I'd be stunned if Sam Harrison left Tigers. He's a Hinckley lad and Tigers fan. We have four scrum halfs all from the academy and a good mix. An international, a seasoned pro and two youngsters with different strengths. Same again next season, one of the few areas that don't need to change.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

G.K wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:01 pm Maybe I mis-heard it about Harrison but at some point they mentioned someone playing for Barf next season? It could have been a different player and I have my wires crossed?
Mike Williams has signed for Bath
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

My take on the GM post match interview is a message to the Board somethnig like this:

"Give me the tools and I'll do the job..."

Tigers hung in there for most of a very average game against a better Sarries lineup that didn't play very well; the final score flattered them partly because we were chasing the game in the last 15 mins. The Sarries bench made a big difference and their pace and agression in the last 15-20 mins was way above ours.

There were individual errors in the match as there always are but I think quite a few (not all) of our players ran themselves into the ground, but without the back up of depth to the squad they were always going to struggle. I don't think we will be relegated but I am also not expecting much beyond survival this season; for me we need to see who we recruit for next year and how GM can mould the team through a full pre-season and on into the season, but the Board need to deliver for Geordan, the Club and the fans.
As Good As It Gets
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:23 pm
G.K wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:01 pm Maybe I mis-heard it about Harrison but at some point they mentioned someone playing for Barf next season? It could have been a different player and I have my wires crossed?
Thanks RB - must have misheard it then due to them having similar names and that. :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

G.K wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:47 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:23 pm
Thanks RB - must have misheard it then due to them having similar names and that. :smt002
TBF Harrison could well have signed for Bath.
Although the gilet crowd might not suit him!!!
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 pm
POSTIGER wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:39 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:56 pm Matched them in stats and up on points for the best part of 60 minutes.

Their bench, which we all knew was far stronger than ours, was the difference. The final score flattered them. Disappointing as I thought we had a chance at half time but not totally unexpected. Any points from this game were always a bonus.

The manic depressives of the forum should really go see their GPs.
If you're happy with 9th place in the Prem, last place in our European group, questionable coaching and a 30% win ratio this season then good for you.
It's not about being happy, it's about being realistic with expectation. To keep wailing every time we lose is pathetic. Did anyone expect us to win this one? Away, to arguably the strongest team in the premiership for a number of years, with our internationals away, a lack of depth, a head coach parachuted in after the start of the season and a bunch of young guys that are only recently getting game time?

It's one thing to be disappointed with that situation in the first place, but to give nobody a cat in hells chance of fixing it and then denouncing the performance in every game is just silly, it really is.

So yes, I'm disappointed with the situation, and that game, particularly as we were marginally up at half time, but that already exceeded my expectation.
I suspect contributors to the forum don't need to be told that their opinions are 'pathetic' or 'silly' by some self-appointed opinion guru.

For me nothing will put the club on the right track until the people who are actually responsible for this car crash. In any other business environment (with the exception of HMV & Woolworths) the CEO would have been shown the door, so too the Head of Rugby Operations. But that would require the Board to show accept culpability, to be followed by some resignations. But was that a pig I just saw flying..............
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

One thing that I forgot to mention and that was that I thought Worth made a positive contribution today.
Of all the recent youngsters so far he has contributed more all round than anyone in my opinion.
It has been mentioned before that some see him as a potential 10/12 and in my opinion he is much better than Hardwick and I thought that he cleverly attacked the line and set up the try really well today.
I'm not sure if 15 is best suited positionally to get the most out of him but he certainly is a solid young player.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:41 pm One thing that I forgot to mention and that was that I thought Worth made a positive contribution today.
Of all the recent youngsters so far he has contributed more all round than anyone in my opinion.
It has been mentioned before that some see him as a potential 10/12 and in my opinion he is much better than Hardwick and I thought that he cleverly attacked the line and set up the try really well today.
I'm not sure if 15 is best suited positionally to get the most out of him but he certainly is a solid young player.
Worth is 22 and Hardwick 19. Worth of developing very well and his all round game looks to be coming together well. MOC moved him into the midfield presumably because he doesn't have much above average pace.

Hopefully Hardwick will develop with exposure to senior rugby. He certainly looks to have the raw potential to be a really good player for us.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

How are tigers going to keep Manu and May if we are not in the HC next season?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

TigerS2 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:12 pm How are tigers going to keep Manu and May if we are not in the HC next season?
By them knowing there's a plan to start winning things again.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TigerS2 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:12 pm How are tigers going to keep Manu and May if we are not in the HC next season?
May is in contract for another season.
Manu well I suspect HC won't be the main reason for that.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:23 pm
May is in contract for another season.
Manu well I suspect HC won't be the main reason for that.
What are contracts worth these days?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:51 pm
Worth is 22 and Hardwick 19. Worth of developing very well and his all round game looks to be coming together well. MOC moved him into the midfield presumably because he doesn't have much above average pace.

Hopefully Hardwick will develop with exposure to senior rugby. He certainly looks to have the raw potential to be a really good player for us.
Very strong under the high ball, which was a slight weakness when he had a decent run of games a couple of seasons ago. He did very well to set Holmes up for the try though. Worth hanging onto.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:08 pm Toomua missing two easy shots at goal
Really? Did you not see Losowski's attempt at an almost identical kick in the first half with almost identical results? The strength of the wind appeared to make kicking at the end we attacked in the second half almost impossible for either team.

The wind wouldn't necessarily have helped his first miss either.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Just back home from the game, I have to say that was one of the strangest performances I've ever seen. We ran the game for 40 minutes plus but everything was so predictable it's a wonder we weren't nilled. Sarries were there for the taking in the first half but we kept on the same old pattern of first up receivers a Championship club could have read our plays. Kalamafoni bless him, he must have made about 20 carries for a total of about 5 yards gained.