Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries next week

Post by ellis9 »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:50 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 am As noted on another thread the old “Astro” area at Oval Park has been replaced by a 3G rugby system like (but not the same) as Sarries pitch.

There are loads of World Rugby compliant 3G systems, some good some average so not just one to choose.
Deadly Dunc you have confirmed what I know, the old Astro which Ellis played on several years ago who 14 has been replaced, but I'm sure the bounce on this new one is nowhere near the same as Sarries, their pitch has a crumb finish, it sticks to your face, as per what I saw when my Grandson played on it!
Im fairly sure, ours is laid on soil, has a material base through which some natural grass grows along with some artificial strands, bur Sarries seems to be laid on solid foundation, its an athletic stadium, but I don't know for certain.?
You don't know for certain, yet you feel Tigers should have taken your advice, which you never gave them, to train at Leicester Forest.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:55 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 am As noted on another thread the old “Astro” area at Oval Park has been replaced by a 3G rugby system like (but not the same) as Sarries pitch.

There are loads of World Rugby compliant 3G systems, some good some average so not just one to choose.
Deadly Dunc you have confirmed what I know, the old Astro which Ellis played on several years ago who 14 has been replaced, but I'm sure the bounce on this new one is nowhere near the same as Sarries, their pitch has a crumb finish, it sticks to your face, as per what I saw when my Grandson played on it!
Im fairly sure, ours is laid on soil, has a material base through which some natural grass grows along with some artificial strands, bur Sarries seems to be laid on solid foundation, its an athletic stadium, but I don't know for certain.?
You don't know for certain, yet you feel Tigers should have taken your advice, which you never gave them, to train at Leicester Forest.
You are the one that says Tigers players do read this forum, so why didn't they do it? How old are you now, how many years ago were you actually in the academy?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:58 pm

You are the one that says Tigers players do read this forum, so why didn't they do it? How old are you now, how many years ago were you actually in the academy?
Show me where I said I know players read this forum.

I replied to a comment by someone else saying players read this forum.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

He gave them his advice by writing it on this thread!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:27 am

Yes because that's the way to communicate with the club isn't it?!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:07 am

Not everyone is privileged with direct communication to the club and usually you do not get a reply from the Tigers when you have emailed them, at least Tigerbeat responds to some queries.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:08 pm
ellis9 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:07 am
Not everyone is privileged with direct communication to the club and usually you do not get a reply from the Tigers when you have emailed them, at least Tigerbeat responds to some queries.
They probably wouldn't respond to an email as they are not going to take advice from a fan about how to prepare for a match, who seems to have some loyalty towards Leicester Forest.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

They should respond to the advice, whether they enact upon it is entirely up to them.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Why should they?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

When watching this match I was looking forward to seeing Varndell back in a Tigers shirt but it just reminded me why I wasn't upset to see him go at the time way back when...looked utterly disinterested and granted didn't get much attacking ball but his workrate seemed very lackadaisical :smt017

Was I expecting too much or does anyone agree?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

JP14 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:49 am They should respond to the advice, whether they enact upon it is entirely up to them.
Not necessarily, and certainly not when the 'advice' is just dumped on the forum.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

h's dad wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:59 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:49 am They should respond to the advice, whether they enact upon it is entirely up to them.
Not necessarily, and certainly not when the 'advice' is just dumped on the forum.
I meant when emailed, I get Tigers must get a lot of ridiculous emails, but a response is always nice, I sent a few regrettable ones when younger (including a email saying that we should sign Steffon Armitage) 😂😂
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Fellas I think this discussion is getting somewhat out of hand, I originally made a light-hearted suggestion about Tigers going to practice on an artificial pitch because they were due to go to Sarries, where traditionally they have had difficulty on that type of pitch before. Wasps went to use it the previous week, although they lost to Worcester, but I believe this is the best artificial pitch in our area.
The RFU provided it free of charge, it was their intention to install 1 in every county, but I understand the money ran out.
I believe my suggestion would have been a good one, (not one that is likely to be actioned from just posting on here,) but if only they had done so, we all saw some poor bounces for both sides, I think in life or sport, the more experience one can get, the better one becomes. Garry Player once said, "the more I practice, the luckier I get" Strange that, hey?