Supporters Forum 5th Feb 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Supporters Forum 5th Feb 2019

Post by sapajo »

I have been to every supporters forum for the last 5 seasons. I find it extremely frustrating that the PR speak has now become the default.

I know he has moved on but Cocker's never let that gag him.

lastly I find it puzzling that Murphy said that one of the reasons he could not yet announce any new signings was that it may prevent players from starting in their current clubs

Well fact is there is absolutely no way Daley won't now start for Wasps post Saracens announced his signature.

So I must therefore conclude that some of the new signings may not be regular first team starters?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

As with practically everything on here, the club cannot please anyone. They tow the PR line and they're criticised. They'd be criticised if they went off piece. They hold these supporters forums (which I'm pretty sure they don't have to) and there's moans. Equally, there would be moans if they didn't hold them that there was no scope for supporters to raise questions to people that they may otherwise not be able to ask.

The volume of negativity on here, regardless of what comes out from the club, is ridiculous. Get a grip people!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:15 pm I have been to every supporters forum for the last 5 seasons. I find it extremely frustrating that the PR speak has now become the default.

lastly I find it puzzling that Murphy said that one of the reasons he could not yet announce any new signings was that it may prevent players from starting in their current clubs

Well fact is there is absolutely no way Daley won't now start for Wasps post Saracens announced his signature.

So I must therefore conclude that some of the new signings may not be regular first team starters?
Yet Cockers was still as much as involved with the :censored: as everyone else.
On the second thing I think you are reading too much into it, sure some may not be regular first choice starters, Surprise!!!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Last edited by Scuttle on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As Good As It Gets
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:08 pm As with practically everything on here, the club cannot please anyone. They tow the PR line and they're criticised. They'd be criticised if they went off piece. They hold these supporters forums (which I'm pretty sure they don't have to) and there's moans. Equally, there would be moans if they didn't hold them that there was no scope for supporters to raise questions to people that they may otherwise not be able to ask.

The volume of negativity on here, regardless of what comes out from the club, is ridiculous. Get a grip people!

Absolutely right lltc. :smt023
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:08 pm As with practically everything on here, the club cannot please anyone. They tow the PR line and they're criticised. They'd be criticised if they went off piece. They hold these supporters forums (which I'm pretty sure they don't have to) and there's moans. Equally, there would be moans if they didn't hold them that there was no scope for supporters to raise questions to people that they may otherwise not be able to ask.

:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Nout so blind as those that refuse to see.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

It is very difficult to motivate those who are negative. There is an old proverb that is more than apt. "Actions Speaker Louder Than Words" That is not me being negative, but understanding why there is negativity.

Thank you Ellis for your superb coverage of the forum.

As a matter of interest, why were there no board members there?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm It is very difficult to motivate those who are negative. There is an old proverb that is more than apt. "Actions Speaker Louder Than Words" That is not me being negative, but understanding why there is negativity.

Maybe because it was a coaches forum. Board members have attended other forums
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm It is very difficult to motivate those who are negative. There is an old proverb that is more than apt. "Actions Speaker Louder Than Words" That is not me being negative, but understanding why there is negativity.

All I hear when I read this is Del Boy!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sapajo wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:15 pm I have been to every supporters forum for the last 5 seasons. I find it extremely frustrating that the PR speak has now become the default.

So you've been to five supporters forums which you think were all rubbish? Why have you been five times then? Surely after the first two or three, you'd have the sense to not attend any more of them?

I suppose if you don't attend them though, you can't come on here with your negativity and criticise them!

I presume you're one of those people that moans about a TV programme but still watches it all even though there's an off switch!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Or maybe it indicates that they are currently playing for super rugby franchises who tend to be less forgiving about these things
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Like your thinking Mark!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Everyone’s darling boy Cockers never released signings till late into the season, as long as the Tigers Media Team do a good job (which I have confidence in them doing so) of announcing the big signings I will be more than happy.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

As long as we sign the best players available that we can afford I don't care how or when it is announced.
I'm not cynical just experienced