France's Wales

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: France's Wales

Post by BFG »

I thought the French should've been further ahead at half time, much the better side.
The Welsh were very fortunate to escape a yellow card from a maul collapsed within a couple of metres of the line plus several offsides and lying on the wrong side of the ruck in my opinion.
Wales were little more than living off French errors, at least the French tried to play and personally I can see potential.
The pass from the young French lad which was intercepted by North was a shocker that just can't be accounted for, it was a complete momentum changer that France didn't have time to recover from.
Last edited by BFG on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes BFG,Wales didn't worry me one bit,another French implosion! But Wales will be better at home,much better and I think France will give us hell next week before running out of steam in the last 10-15. That passage of play after a miracle high ball take from Fickou was utterly ridiculous!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:41 pm Yes BFG,Wales didn't worry me one bit,another French implosion! But Wales will be better at home,much better and I think France will give us hell next week before running out of steam in the last 10-15. That passage of play after a miracle high ball take from Fickou was utterly ridiculous!!!
Win or lose tonight, providing England play well, they will stuff the French next week IMO. Their confidence will be shot and England will either be keen to kick on from winning in Dublin, or keen to make amends from a defeat. Either way the French will be toast ( :smt002 ) !!
Soggypitch
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Let's hope you're right Soggy! They were surprisingly good last night though,some of their offloading out of contact was sublime in those conditions when compared to Wales numerous knock ins.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Hats off to Wales, that was some comeback.
ashleytiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashleytiger »

Shows what a team can do when they stop dropping the ball ..... oh and have the opposition pass to them helps too :smt002
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:24 am If only Ireland would be so accommodating tonight, not much chance of that, a much better game awaits......
It did and engage smug mode.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

fentiger wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:58 pm That sums it up so far BD! :smt023 As for Butler's pronunciation of Fofana...... Jeez!
His pronunciation was as close to the stadium presenters as you can get! Also pretty close to how the crowd at ASM pronounce it too.
Valhalla I am coming!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:04 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:50 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Sadly, Marchand injured his knee at the very end of the match and is having it checked out at hospital today, but it's not looking good. France and particularly Toulouse, will miss him.
Is Chat fit?
Not sure, but a more than capable alternative to Marchand and Guirado.
Chat has indeed been called up for the Twickenham match!
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Chat was on holiday though haha,more amusement from the French to go with Vahamina not knowing he was captain Friday night at one stage!! Farcical! :smt005
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

BFG wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:33 pm The pass from the young French lad which was intercepted by North was a shocker that just can't be accounted for, it was a complete momentum changer that France didn't have time to recover from.
For what it's worth, even though the cameras at the time and consequently everyone else have blamed young Ntamack for that pass, it was actually Vamahina (please excuse spelling). Highlights available on Beeb to check. That probably accounts for it.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

loretta wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:16 am
BFG wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:33 pm The pass from the young French lad which was intercepted by North was a shocker that just can't be accounted for, it was a complete momentum changer that France didn't have time to recover from.
For what it's worth, even though the cameras at the time and consequently everyone else have blamed young Ntamack for that pass, it was actually Vamahina (please excuse spelling). Highlights available on Beeb to check. That probably accounts for it.
Absolutely right. But they were both wearing French shirts so you couldn’t expect Eddie Butler to spot the difference