France's Wales

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

France's Wales

Post by BigDan50 »

France playing good rugby in the conditions and Wales not looking threatening, terrible commentary from Butler and Squeaky but Wayne Barnes confirming why he is the best referee in the world.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: France's Wales

Post by fentiger »

That sums it up so far BD! :smt023 As for Butler's pronunciation of Fofana...... Jeez!
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

fentiger wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:58 pm That sums it up so far BD! :smt023 As for Butler's pronunciation of Fofana...... Jeez!
I don't have a problem with Butler, but Davies is getting close to me turning the sound off.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Coleshillad wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 pm
fentiger wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:58 pm That sums it up so far BD! :smt023 As for Butler's pronunciation of Fofana...... Jeez!
I don't have a problem with Butler, but Davies is getting close to me turning the sound off.
:smt023 been saying this for the last few years. For those who aren’t diehard Welsh he’s insufferable!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I find Davies really biased and it ruins the game. Paul O’c was really good. He gave good fair summary. I get that Davies is an ex welsh player and has his heart on his sleeve, but it’s unprofessional to start cheering as the welsh score.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Davies “oh that’s world class dat is” and saying North scored two great tries. Both were served up with a side of French fries by the embarrassing boys in blue!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:43 pm
Coleshillad wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 pm
:smt023 been saying this for the last few years. For those who aren’t diehard Welsh he’s insufferable!
I turn the mute button on every time he comments, then back on when I think hes finished screeching!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Mon Dieu!
We had that match on a plate. Any side that blows a 16 point lead at half time should be shot - or as it was the French, guillotined!!
A lack of on-field leadership is to blame, in my opinion. The players must have gone in at half time thinking the match was won, and captain Guirado is responsible.
I would like to see Toulouse hooker and captain Julian Marchand in the starting XV and captain against England, and also bring in Antoine Dupont at scrum half (it's a mystery to me why he wasn't picked in the first place).
Semper in excretia
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Like most, I wondered which french side would turn up.
I didn’t think it would be both!
Sublime to ridiculous in 15 minutes, incredible.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes unbelievable from France. Great in the first half and a complete implosion in the 2nd.

Wales didn't actually do much at all, they just capitalised on the French horror show. The French confidence must be well and truly shot after that.

If only Ireland would be so accommodating tonight, not much chance of that, a much better game awaits......
Soggypitch
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:38 am Mon Dieu!
We had that match on a plate. Any side that blows a 16 point lead at half time should be shot - or as it was the French, guillotined!!
A lack of on-field leadership is to blame, in my opinion. The players must have gone in at half time thinking the match was won, and captain Guirado is responsible.
I would like to see Toulouse hooker and captain Julian Marchand in the starting XV and captain against England, and also bring in Antoine Dupont at scrum half (it's a mystery to me why he wasn't picked in the first place).
Sadly, Marchand injured his knee at the very end of the match and is having it checked out at hospital today, but it's not looking good. France and particularly Toulouse, will miss him.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:13 pm
Sadly, Marchand injured his knee at the very end of the match and is having it checked out at hospital today, but it's not looking good. France and particularly Toulouse, will miss him.
Is Chat fit?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:50 pm
Is Chat fit?
Not sure, but a more than capable alternative to Marchand and Guirado.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:04 pm

Is Chat fit?
Agreed.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:04 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:04 pm

Is Chat fit?
Agreed.
Just checked. He played in Racing's defeat to Lyon on Jan 26th, so one would assume he's fit!
Semper in excretia