The Six Nations 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: The Six Nations 2019

Post by Scott1 »

I GUARANTEE that wouldn't have happened with Hartley on the pitch today,his captaincy for England can't be questioned
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Everyone is slating Farrell and ridiculing my calls for Dylan,put your money where your mouth is,who then?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:02 pmCaptain?
Well what should have happened is somebody other than Hartley should have been appointed captain when Jones came in.

I'd give the captaincy to Ford.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Did you see Farrell's face when he was about to be replaced?!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Problem lies with EJ, he selects Farrell at FH, he only has 1 game plan and Jones has to play to him, basically its kick kick kick and tackle with no arms shoulder tackle. Something has to change, Farrell's OK in certain games but lacks the all round skills to beat an opponent. :smt017 :smt022
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:11 pm Did you see Farrell's face when he was about to be replaced?!
Not properly. I was too busy cheering at the fact he was going off.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Haha! He looked like he had the divine right to be there and shocked that he'd dare be replaced. To me anyway unless I'm reading it wrong.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

For me Hartley comes straight back in to offer some leadership. England are desperately missing leaders. Look at AWJ, not the best player but he’s a great captain who galvanises Wales.

Farrell was awful today and I hope he gets trashed for it. Ford came on and rescued England. England have looked the best with Ford and Farrell both on the pitch so I don’t know why England have gone off the idea. For me Ford and Cipriani should be battling for the 10 shirt with Farrell at 12. Don’t get why Jones didn’t at least play Cipriani against Italy.

Doesn’t look good going towards the World Cup with a tendency to implode in the second half when the pressure is on.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:08 pm Everyone is slating Farrell and ridiculing my calls for Dylan,put your money where your mouth is,who then?!
Ridicule is a bit strong. Ok. I think Dylan's day is gone now. I don't think he'll get back in with age and injury against him. Nor should he IMHO. That ship has sailed.

Who would I pick? That's another problem. Who of the new crop can do it? Launchbury? Itoje? There's not been a stable back row to pick from and the backs don't have a genuine leader.....apart from Mr Farrell and Ford is out of favour........a dilemma......lack of leadership.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:16 pm Haha! He looked like he had the divine right to be there and shocked that he'd dare be replaced. To me anyway unless I'm reading it wrong.
No I firmly believe Farrell probably did think that. Thinks he's all that in a box of chocolates when really he's as useful as a chocolate tea pot.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Daley is no full back he does not tackle and Faz should have been subbed eaelier. Thank heavens for Georgey :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Jonny Wilkinson- Good rugby is what works for you not what looks good.

Englands greatest fly half speaking sense.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes England can't play like England anymore,if you get my drift.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Left field selection for captain, could try Wilson, captains Newcastle and has nailed down the six shirt.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:26 pm Left field selection for captain, could try Wilson, captains Newcastle and has nailed down the six shirt.
To be honest, anyone over Farrell.