The Six Nations 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: The Six Nations 2019

Post by Robespierre »

fleabane wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:00 am For those who may not be aware, Guy Noves, the former Stade Toulouse and then France coach, who was sacked to make way for the current gang, is suing the French Rugby Federation (ffr):

« Ils m'ont fait mal, ils ont bafoué mon travail et mon honneur»

(They have done me ill, they have traduced my work and my honour).

Only in 🇫🇷 France
Yes, and he’s suing the FFR for a massive 2.9m€ for wrongful dismissal, and the case is currently with the Tribunal. Novès was, and Brunel is, on a hiding to nothing with the current structure of French rugby, and even the likes of Schmidt and Gatland would come up against the same immovable objects. He should never have taken on the poisoned chalice that is being coach of the French XV. Let’s hope the ruling is in his favour and the necessary changes needed in French rugby begin to be implemented.
Semper in excretia
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:17 pm

Yes Sinckler and Genge will both need to be careful next Saturday, the Welsh players and crowd will be doing their very best to wind them up. Clear and accurate thinking is called for, plus the usual brute force and aggression obviously!!!

Not too worried about Genge getting wound up, just concerned he may overdo the winding up and annoy the ref. There's a fine line between lighting the bue touch paper and the fireworks going off before you've retreated to a safe distance.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

England head coach Eddie Jones has retained 25 players to continue their preparation ahead of Saturday’s Guinness Six Nations match against Wales in Cardiff (KO 445pm live on BBC).

Maro Itoje (Saracens) will remain at PennyHill Park this week to continue with his rehabilitation.

Forwards
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers)
Jamie George (Saracens)
Nathan Hughes (Wasps)
George Kruis (Saracens)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs)
Brad Shields (Wasps)
Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins)
Billy Vunipola (Saracens)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs)
Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)

Backs
Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby)
Elliot Daly (Wasps)
Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain
George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)

Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
Dan Robson (Wasps)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)
Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors)
Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

How about this for a thought? - Jones doesn't favour Robson much in the England training camp, Jones wants to front up against the Welsh, so he only selects one scrum half in the match day squad who is expected to play 80 mins, thus giving Jones an extra forward to pick. If injured, George Ford is the replacement 9 as well as covering 10, totally crazy or totally inspired?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

DingDong wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 am How about this for a thought? - Jones doesn't favour Robson much in the England training camp, Jones wants to front up against the Welsh, so he only selects one scrum half in the match day squad who is expected to play 80 mins, thus giving Jones an extra forward to pick. If injured, George Ford is the replacement 9 as well as covering 10, totally crazy or totally inspired?
Totally crazy
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:37 pm England head coach Eddie Jones has retained 25 players to continue their preparation ahead of Saturday’s Guinness Six Nations match against Wales in Cardiff (KO 445pm live on BBC).

Maro Itoje (Saracens) will remain at PennyHill Park this week to continue with his rehabilitation.

Forwards
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers)
Jamie George (Saracens)
Nathan Hughes (Wasps)
George Kruis (Saracens)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs)
Brad Shields (Wasps)
Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins)
Billy Vunipola (Saracens)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs)
Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)

Backs
Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby)
Elliot Daly (Wasps)
Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain
George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)

Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
Dan Robson (Wasps)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)
Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors)
Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)
Remove the 2 players who shouldn't be anywhere near this squad - Teo and Shields - and you've got the 23 for the game.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not totally crazy,I think Ford would make a fantastic SH!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:39 pm Not totally crazy,I think Ford would make a fantastic SH!
I don't think it's crazy either. I'd like to see how he goes in the no. 9 shirt. I think a lot of people would be surprised. He's got the skill set to do it.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:39 pm Not totally crazy,I think Ford would make a fantastic SH!
Maro Bergamaso anyone
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Congratulations to Academy back Sam Costelow who has been named in Wales matchday squad for their U20s Six Nations clash with England on Friday night, less than a week on from scoring 19 points to help us to back to back U18 League titles.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bergamasco? Come on haha,Ford can pass,kick,snipe,is quick,defends like a SH covering in behind one example very recently a kick through where he burned Penaud? giving him a head start and dotted down over our own line,something he has done numerous times for England and us. He has covered SH in games for England too I believe ,although not for long I may add.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

DingDong wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 am How about this for a thought? - Jones doesn't favour Robson much in the England training camp, Jones wants to front up against the Welsh, so he only selects one scrum half in the match day squad who is expected to play 80 mins, thus giving Jones an extra forward to pick. If injured, George Ford is the replacement 9 as well as covering 10, totally crazy or totally inspired?
What happens if both Youngs and Farrell need to go off?
We could end up with Ford at 9 and Slade at 10!
Are you trying to find any way to include Te'o, don't give Eddie any ideas, not when it's all going so well anyway! :smt003
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I don't understand why Jones selects T'eo, as he is nowhere near England standard. Apart from that his choices are fine, in my opinion.

I just hope that Youngs is up for it again.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:47 pm
Maro Bergamaso anyone
Well said !!! why would anyone even think of it
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

God created rugby so footballers have heros too