The Six Nations 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: The Six Nations 2019

Post by JP14 »

What does Ben Youngs have to stoop to not get picked :smt017?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Can't see the England wingers getting much ball with Teo & Manu as the centres, they are not really known for their slick handling and passing.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:41 pm What does Ben Youngs have to stoop to not get picked :smt017?

That is the million dollar question!
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

mol2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:35 am Don't get the Teo and Tuillagi in the centres but at least it does indicate that aren't planning to kick the ball away as much as against Wales?
So there is a plan B, against Wales they tried to pick the lock with kicks in behind. this time they are just going to smash the door down. Interesting statistic in the Mail today: The combined weight of our 2 centres and Cokanasiga is greater than the top 3 heavyweight boxers in the world!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Only because Deontay Wilder is a stick insect! Devastating puncher though
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:00 pm Only because Deontay Wilder is a stick insect! Devastating puncher though

If I was an Italian in the game at Twickenham, I would be very worried about getting battered by these two beasts. :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

COYS! Ouch that hurt saying that :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Interesting article from Sam Warburton. He says he could not understand why George Ford was not put on at 10 when things started to go south for England. He thought GF would have been a game changer? I guess England will attempt to go for an 80 minute battering ram attack? Any Italian turnovers will be quickly whipped to the outside and those fast Italian back can inflict some serious try scoring damage!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Youngs showing his Tigers form,hes been awful!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

For me Shields is at best third choice blindside flanker. Doesn’t do enough hard graft for me and wish Robshaw had played against Italy.

Be interesting whether we stick to the power game against Scotland. Daly played well as the second receiver, so negated the need for Slade somewhat. Or do Slade and Nowell come back into the backline.

Won’t happen but would love to see Ford start at 10 against Scotland. Has been in good form and deserves a start.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Where's the praise for Manu? Why is there only a negative comment about Youngs?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Manu was superb today ,I was proper reminiscent,Ben was ? lol
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

He played like he was in a Tigers shirt today for sure
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:04 pm Youngs showing his Tigers form,hes been awful!
Youngs did what he was told to do he was fine.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:38 pm Interesting article from Sam Warburton. He says he could not understand why George Ford was not put on at 10 when things started to go south for England. He thought GF would have been a game changer? I guess England will attempt to go for an 80 minute battering ram attack? Any Italian turnovers will be quickly whipped to the outside and those fast Italian back can inflict some serious try scoring damage!!
So when the Italian did get the ball wide not only did they score but put a slow narrow England backline under pressure. Why is Farrell at 10? Joke!! He has no dynamic to get the ball moving. Teo for me is no 12 at this level way too static even Brad Barritt has more pace. Sam W is spot on after todays game, use GF and OF at 10/12 and there is space because the way GF plays makes the defence line rush slow or even stopped. Good victory England but it won't win the WRC? Also, Shields is not a Robshaw. Ellis Genge is sooooooooo good at this level - stonkin'!!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat