Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: The Six Nations 2019

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:42 am Agreed about Spencer.
Only issue I can see is that unless England are leading comfortably with 20 to go Youngs will be playing most of a test match again so may not start against Saints.

I understand that for some supporters this would be a blessing
I'd be throwing every single one of them into the starting line up for Saints. They will then have a week off afterwards as we have no game. I'd then rest the ones that need resting against Exeter and then put them all back in for the remaining games.

Win against Saints
Lose to Exeter
Win the rest and finish 5th
Not a bad idea to be fair.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Really would have liked to see Ford, Farrell, Tuilagi against Scotland with Slade on the bench. Still could see that being the backline going into the World Cup as we’ve always looked better with two playmakers.

If people are concerned about Ford’s defence could always lineup Farrell Tuilagi Ford when defending.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'd prefer Ford,Tuilagi,Slade LT. Was never convinced with F and F despite the winning run. This new MF looks far more dangerous if we stop kicking good ball away! It was a big mistake not to try Robson,Ford,Tuilagi,Slade v Italy.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Either way England’s attack looks better with Ford in there. Always feel like the media and some pundits focus on the negatives of him being in the team rather than concentrate on what he brings. Plus his kicking has improved beyond recognition from a few years ago.

Barrett for NZ has massive weaknesses but gets the backline moving. Ford is the best attacking fly half we have and wish he had got more minutes in this years six nations.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I cannot understand why Jones will not include Cipriani in his squads, he is a changed guy, playing extremely well, but Smith, OK for experience, is too predictable and easy to read. :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

LE18 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm I cannot understand why Jones will not include Cipriani in his squads, he is a changed guy, playing extremely well, but Smith, OK for experience, is too predictable and easy to read. :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
Yeah play him against Italy and see what he could have done! Injury to either Farrell or Ford will put him in the picture for the World Cup! Plus he probably deserves to be there on merit too this season.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I'm not too sure about having Cipriani in our World Cup squad. It's such a close call.

Eddie Jones will doubtless have his squad pencilled in, and it can't be an overly easy job when it comes to the last few names.

Is it really four years since our last disastrous World Cup showing? How time flies. :smt051
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Good to see the roof will be open in Cardiff this afternoon, Rugby is not an indoor sport. I guess Wales won’t need to water the pitch now, it’ll save them a fortune on the meter!

Up the Irish!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm I'd prefer Ford,Tuilagi,Slade LT. Was never convinced with F and F despite the winning run. This new MF looks far more dangerous if we stop kicking good ball away! It was a big mistake not to try Robson,Ford,Tuilagi,Slade v Italy.
Tuilagi is a better 13 than he is 12. I feel he poses more of a threat from 13.

It's Youngs, Ford, Slade and Tuilagi for me.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Unfortunately Ellis, Slade is not an international class 12 for me.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Both are interchangeable of course. It's worked superb so far as long as we stop kicking ball away!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Robson diagnosed with blood clots,get well soon Dan!
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

LE18 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm I cannot understand why Jones will not include Cipriani in his squads, he is a changed guy, playing extremely well, but Smith, OK for experience, is too predictable and easy to read. :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
I agree he's a quality player who can make things happen, also if you have Robson as SH cover they have played together at Wasps.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Gutted for Italy! :smt009
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:25 pm Gutted for Italy! :smt009
Only got themselves to blame. So many errors when in the red zone throughout the entire game! Should have been leading at half time and should have won at the end, but costly mistakes meant they never got the points on the board.