Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: The Six Nations 2019

Post by ellis9 »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:18 pm
TigerCam wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:38 pm Interesting article from Sam Warburton. He says he could not understand why George Ford was not put on at 10 when things started to go south for England. He thought GF would have been a game changer? I guess England will attempt to go for an 80 minute battering ram attack? Any Italian turnovers will be quickly whipped to the outside and those fast Italian back can inflict some serious try scoring damage!!
So when the Italian did get the ball wide not only did they score but put a slow narrow England backline under pressure. Why is Farrell at 10? Joke!! He has no dynamic to get the ball moving. Teo for me is no 12 at this level way too static even Brad Barritt has more pace. Sam W is spot on after todays game, use GF and OF at 10/12 and there is space because the way GF plays makes the defence line rush slow or even stopped. Good victory England but it won't win the WRC? Also, Shields is not a Robshaw. Ellis Genge is sooooooooo good at this level - stonkin'!!!
I've always said it. Owen Farrell isn't good enough.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

How did Ben Kay not give Manu man of the match. Not wanting to show Tigers bias I reckon
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 pm How did Ben Kay not give Manu man of the match. Not wanting to show Tigers bias I reckon
Must have got mixed up and thought it was a Tigers BoD decision?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Is it me or is Guscott on another planet??
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47518623
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:33 pm Is it me or is Guscott on another planet??
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47518623
It's you!

What I found amusing was EJ's answer to the problems that Wales posed, a Welsh forward pack to match, Youngs and Farrell like rabbits in headlights, and a proper back three to sweep up kicks, and EJ's answer was to pick a bulldozing team against the weakest side in the six nations!
What wasn't that funny was how the Italians highlighted turning those big men in the outside channels!
It was so amateurish that I'm beginning to believe that EJ has been strategically placed by the Aussie Union!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

He was not picking the team on the performance again Wales but against Italy, and before it was only Italy is shouted

Italy 15 - Wales 26
Scotland 33 - Italy 20
Ireland 26 - Italy 16

these games were only against Italy as well, you look on any website for the team of the weekend Manu is in the team as is Joe with the really hard Fujian name, apart from Guscott's
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm He was not picking the team on the performance again Wales but against Italy, and before it was only Italy is shouted

Italy 15 - Wales 26
Scotland 33 - Italy 20
Ireland 26 - Italy 16

these games were only against Italy as well, you look on any website for the team of the weekend Manu is in the team as is Joe with the really hard Fujian name, apart from Guscott's
Perhaps Guscott, like me, is wondering how England will get the ball to Manu and Joe (with the really hard name) on the next occasion that they meet Wales, given that against Wales the centres saw so little ball that they'd likely have a panic attack in a children's play pit!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Gucott is a "has been" joke, his team is crazy, Maggie Alfonso's team in the DT sport is much more realistic.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

BFG wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm He was not picking the team on the performance again Wales but against Italy, and before it was only Italy is shouted

Italy 15 - Wales 26
Scotland 33 - Italy 20
Ireland 26 - Italy 16

Perhaps Guscott, like me, is wondering how England will get the ball to Manu and Joe (with the really hard name) on the next occasion that they meet Wales, given that against Wales the centres saw so little ball that they'd likely have a panic attack in a children's play pit!
Again, it is supposed to be chosen on this weekends matches, not about the last and next game against Wales
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 pm How did Ben Kay not give Manu man of the match. Not wanting to show Tigers bias I reckon

My thoughts exactly. I thought it would be a no brainer, but I was proved wrong :smt017
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:28 pm Gucott is a "has been" joke, his team is crazy, Maggie Alfonso's team in the DT sport is much more realistic.
Well that's the problem with the six nations, one weekend it's Wales and then a fortnight later it's Italy.
If you see above the team listed though it does say team of the round and not team of the tournament, there is a difference in there somewhere, and I'd put money on Guscott not fancying playing with Farrell with no space!
It's Alphonsi and not Alfonso, these names are really hard aren't they especially when the world ends at the Spanish Costas.
Alphonsi has Basteraud in her team at 13 and goes on about someone being central to France's success in the past two weeks, what success!
Also something about a bloke who ran over Ford as though he wasn't there!
Last edited by BFG on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

LE18 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:28 pm Gucott is a "has been" joke, his team is crazy, Maggie Alfonso's team in the DT sport is much more realistic.
Guscott has always been a bane to me. Highly over rated as a player, extremely egoistic, and a crass bore on the subject of rugby.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:51 pm
Guscott has always been a bane to me. Highly over rated as a player, extremely egoistic, and a crass bore on the subject of rugby.
Guscott was a class player, brain over brawn!
I doubt that he'd bother about the opinion of someone who can't spell Alphonsi!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

BFG wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:49 pm
Well that's the problem with the six nations, one weekend it's Wales and then a fortnight later it's Italy.
If you see above the team listed though it does say team of the round and not team of the tournament, there is a difference in there somewhere, and I'd put money on Guscott not fancying playing with Farrell with no space!
It's Alphonsi and not Alfonso, these names are really hard aren't they especially when the world ends at the Spanish Costas.
Alphonsi has Basteraud in her team at 13 and goes on about someone being central to France's success in the past two weeks, what success!
My apologies to Maggie, a great player, for getting her name wrong. (Typo,) No apologies to you though, her team for this weekend was;
Larmour, Cockanasigna, Manu, Parkes, Adams, Sexton, Murray, Healy, George, Dell (she moved him over) Ryan, Kruis, Shields, Watson (even though only a sub) Vunipola. No Basteraud.
When you take an overall of the 3 matches she aint far wrong!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:01 pm
BFG wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:49 pm
My apologies to Maggie, a great player, for getting her name wrong. (Typo,) No apologies to you though, her team for this weekend was;
Larmour, Cockanasigna, Manu, Parkes, Adams, Sexton, Murray, Healy, George, Dell (she moved him over) Ryan, Kruis, Shields, Watson (even though only a sub) Vunipola. No Basteraud.
When you take an overall of the 3 matches she aint far wrong!
I was messing and thought that you might spot that I was quoting from last years six nations, but seriously Shields ain't far wrong over three matches, no matter time for some lunch, Spanish prawns, Alfonso service please!