Major League Rugby

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Major League Rugby

Post by kpj tiger »

I was watching Major League Rugby last night on facebook (Free streams on facebook for all the games) and It got me wondering if people think it would be a good idea for Tigers to buddy up with one of the current or soon to be created teams, America is surely the next big Rugby market so from a growth perspective I think it could be a good idea.

The standard is currently Nat 1/low Championship equivalent so it could also be a good place to send the youngsters to gain some experience as well as scout american talent. Also San Diego had 2 players who are apparently on loan from Saracens so it seems they may already be one step ahead of his in that respect.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Major League Rugby

Post by Spicer »

As long as there is no issue with visas I don't see why not.

Fringe players, those returning from injury and youngsters could all benefit whilst also helping to expand the game.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think it would be a good idea, most young players would love the chance to play in America.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

Rugby union is ideally suited to facilitate TV ad breaks. They take 2 mins 45 secs between innings in baseball so the time to set and complete scrums could be used likewise.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

A link up could be an option but doesn't the season run opposite to ours? It would mean if we sent youngsters out there, they'd only be able to play for a couple of months.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Yep. When our youngster's return they will be driving pink Cadillacs, wearing dark glasses, chewing gum, speaking with an American accent, and calling everyone sugar baby! :smt005