LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Locked
TigerMac3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by TigerMac3 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:55 pm

@RB
Wasn’t given a name, but usually pretty reliable. Given the list previously put up, can’t work out for myself who fits the profile...

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3947
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by sam16111986 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:01 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm
sam16111986 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:02 pm
JP14 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:47 am

I think you’ve mixed the two up, Taufua hasn’t even by capped by New Zealand whereas Frizell has, whilst I really rate both players Taufua would be a more realistic addition.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all ... cks-jersey
But he didn't get capped.
Yes apologies he didn't get capped. Point was he quickly backed out of a big money deal when he learnt he was in the All Blacks plans. I'd love him here because he's a quality player but it looks to me that as long as the NZRU keep him in their plans he isn't going to leave. Plus his current head coach at the Crusaders is a decent bet to be the next AB head coach.

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by fortysix » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:25 pm

Its a re-signed Josh Kronfeld aged 54 but its all right, he isnt injured..

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3243
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by Scott1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:34 pm

Elliot Dixon play across the backrow?!

TigerMac3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by TigerMac3 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:41 pm

Dixon’s under contract until 2020.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by ellis9 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 pm

What about this player? It says he re-signed for All Blacks and the Crusaders for 2019. Has he only signed with them for one more year?

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/10499 ... t-in-japan

longlivethecrumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by longlivethecrumbie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:12 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 pm
What about this player? It says he re-signed for All Blacks and the Crusaders for 2019. Has he only signed with them for one more year?

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/10499 ... t-in-japan
Matt Todd? If so then I'd be ecstatic!

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8235
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by RagingBull » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:23 pm

Well if it was a kiwi 6 who can cover across the back row.
and he is currently out of contract.

The only name that fits that billing is Jordan Taufua...

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3243
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by Scott1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:29 pm

If it's Todd then I'm buzzing! If he wasnt a kiwi he'd have a load more international caps! But Todd's strictly a seven. Imo if you're a specialist flanker you can't "play across" the back row. Pocock is a seven playing at 8 for example and Armand can play 6,7,8 but he's not a specialist in any of the 3 positions. Faletau can play 6 as can Hughes and Billy V but they're still 8s. Might be able to argue Savea and Simmonds can play 7 and 8 and Underhill can play 6 and 7 but they are still playing out of position if you will. Heck even Mostert has played at openside for The Lions,players who can play across the back row kind of scare me in a way.

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by Mark62 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:38 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:23 pm
Well if it was a kiwi 6 who can cover across the back row.
and he is currently out of contract.

The only name that fits that billing is Jordan Taufua...
Who would be one hell of a signing

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by ellis9 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:48 pm

Scott1 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:29 pm
If it's Todd then I'm buzzing! If he wasnt a kiwi he'd have a load more international caps! But Todd's strictly a seven. Imo if you're a specialist flanker you can't "play across" the back row. Pocock is a seven playing at 8 for example and Armand can play 6,7,8 but he's not a specialist in any of the 3 positions. Faletau can play 6 as can Hughes and Billy V but they're still 8s. Might be able to argue Savea and Simmonds can play 7 and 8 and Underhill can play 6 and 7 but they are still playing out of position if you will. Heck even Mostert has played at openside for The Lions,players who can play across the back row kind of scare me in a way.
Evans on the way out and O'Connor rumoured to be on the way out. Making way for Todd?

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3947
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by sam16111986 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:53 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:23 pm
Well if it was a kiwi 6 who can cover across the back row.
and he is currently out of contract.

The only name that fits that billing is Jordan Taufua...
Would be a great signing and a real coup.

Scuttle
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by Scuttle » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:02 pm

TigerMac3 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:47 pm
Latest truth or trash... Marquee replacement for Toomua is a current or former All Black, predominantly a No.6, can play across the Back Row (sounds like us)...
As a replacement for Toomua I can't think why we would want to play a 6 at inside centre.

Should I get my coat?
As Good As It Gets

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 873
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by ABClub » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:22 pm

Scuttle wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:02 pm
TigerMac3 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:47 pm
Latest truth or trash... Marquee replacement for Toomua is a current or former All Black, predominantly a No.6, can play across the Back Row (sounds like us)...
As a replacement for Toomua I can't think why we would want to play a 6 at inside centre.

Should I get my coat?
Maybe it's Peceli Yato! He's played both those positions for Clermont... :smt030

TTRITH
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2879
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Hoddesdon
Contact:

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by TTRITH » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 am

As did Craig Newby for us
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Leicestertinytiger, Tiger_in_Birmingham and 2 guests