LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 5

Post by chewbacca »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:58 pm What happened to our forwards coming round the corner phase after phase pummeling teams?!
That style doesn't work anymore it seems. Somebody needs to tell Exeter.
I'm not cynical just experienced
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

chewbacca wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:10 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:58 pm What happened to our forwards coming round the corner phase after phase pummeling teams?!
It was branded, by some, as boring rugby and not what we wanted to be known for. The club tried to evolve and move away from the 'power game' and has come unstuck. Those that have no patience - Welford Road won't be the place for you for a season or two while we have some patience and build again from the ground upwards.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

LE18 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:20 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:16 am
TigerMac3 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:01 am Manu to sign new 3 year deal after turning down Racing according to multiple reports in France...
Great news if true!
If true, we really do have to thank England for this, he seemed to smile all the way through Saturdays game, he really enjoyed playing. I believe he may have seen all of the benefits in staying with us. Our Salary plus England fees, great, lets just hope he has signed and can stay fit. :smt038
I wasn't watching him at every opportunity, but I didn't see him with a smile on his face at all, not even after scoring his tries. I was thinking he looked so serious every time I saw him. Hey ho, we obviously saw him at different times :smt023
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:26 pm
It was branded, by some, as boring rugby and not what we wanted to be known for. The club tried to evolve and move away from the 'power game' and has come unstuck. Those that have no patience - Welford Road won't be the place for you for a season or two while we have some patience and build again from the ground upwards.
With you on this one LLTC. I also get the feeling that the coaches and players who are staying realise this also. The BoD have been making the right noises about backing Geordan let's hope they stick to what they have said and give him the time, staff, facilities, support and players he needs.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'll settle for a 5-0 win from a driving maul.
I'm not cynical just experienced
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

chewbacca wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:47 pm

Winning rugby is attractive rugby, in my book at least. IF Manu does stay then, IMHO, it's a statement of intent and faith in GM as a coach and the direction he wants to take us in.
I'll settle for a 5-0 win from a driving maul.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:22 am
JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:50 am You can’t blame the pack if Youngs isn’t setting the tempo by tapping and going or effectively sniping the breakdown, something which he hasn’t done in years.
This is one if those times where people would realise just how good Youngs is if he moved clubs. There would be a huge void to fill if Youngs left and the current scrum halves, although are great back up choices, would not be the level Youngs is. White and Simmons are looking great for the future but if either were to be number one choice next season, we'd see why Youngs is currently first choice. Harrison is a very good scrum half but he's not as good as Youngs.
I’d rather he’d do that and actually earn his England place on form than on merit, I’m sure we can use his salary to get Hougaard because if Newcastle survive the drop, Worcester will be relegated.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 pm
Richardfje wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:29 pm What about a player from Italy because it seems like they've little eligibility rules and after this six nations there are some real good players like Tommaso Allen, Braam Steyn, Jayden Haywood and Sebastien Negri, who are all still probably on little money in Italy
Haywood especially, and Negri are quality players, who wood be very handy for us. :smt023

I must be having a bad day, look how I spelt would. :smt005
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

It works when Exeter do it because they are very aggressive (border line illegal) at clearing out. We are ineffective hence the ball is slow and the opposition are lined up waiting for us and our forwards coming round the corner have to stop and take the ball standing still because the momentum is gone.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

100% in agreement. This is the penalty for all round sloppiness and neglect, over the past five years.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Yep. Cockers out. Hence our decline.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Nope,the regression kicked in while he was still here! Let's not rewrite history.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

What's this thread about again?
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 pm Nope,the regression kicked in while he was still here! Let's not rewrite history.
+1 :smt023. Let's move on - sometime in the future?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 pm Nope,the regression kicked in while he was still here! Let's not rewrite history.
You can't rewrite history. That's why Cockerill can still count all the trophies he led the club to.