Sam Grahamslaw

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Sam Grahamslaw

Post by Mark62 »

There are some, me included, that feel Sheridan never really made it as a prop, apart from a couple of games where he bullyed a poor Aussie front row
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:44 am There are some, me included, that feel Sheridan never really made it as a prop, apart from a couple of games where he bullyed a poor Aussie front row
I think Sheridan's problem was that he was too tall, a thing that makes me wonder about Heyes.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If Stanko thinks he can play Loosehead and Heyes Tighthead I trust his judgement.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 pm If Stanko thinks he can play Loosehead and Heyes Tighthead I trust his judgement.
:smt023
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:44 am There are some, me included, that feel Sheridan never really made it as a prop, apart from a couple of games where he bullyed a poor Aussie front row
Perhaps we should ask Julian White for an opinion on this :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

LE18 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 pm
RagingBull wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 pm If Stanko thinks he can play Loosehead and Heyes Tighthead I trust his judgement.
:smt023
+1 :smt023
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I believe he did, and he was the reason we pretty much got to the World Cup final in ‘07, that coupled with an impressive defence too.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

LE18 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm
I think Sheridan's problem was that he was too tall, a thing that makes me wonder about Heyes.
Heyes is not much taller than Dan Cole, and is a little bit shorter than Carl Hayman, they’ve not done too bad have they...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 pm
Heyes is not much taller than Dan Cole, and is a little bit shorter than Carl Hayman, they’ve not done too bad have they...
I would say he was too tall for a loose head Cole and Hayman along with John Hayes for example are all tight heads who do tend to be taller.
On a very basic level loose heads push up tight heads push down
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:15 pm
FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 pm

I would say he was too tall for a loose head Cole and Hayman along with John Hayes for example are all tight heads who do tend to be taller.
On a very basic level loose heads push up tight heads push down
That'd be a penalty, if refs could be bothered to notice that is!

Scrummaging shouldn't be an issue to the younger props, these pathetic newer hooking laws have reversed the roles of props somewhat, but you can clearly see that the coaches have worked with Heyes defensive technique and he isn't doing a bad job at all.
It's around the park that will be the biggest challenge, the powers that be want the game sped up more and the ball out, meaning more defensive sets and attacking skills and so the capability to play at pace and intensity will be severely tested, as was the case against Saints recently.