Well done Ulster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Well done Ulster

Post by trendylfj »

Lifetime ban - racial abuse has no place in any form of life - hope this sends a message out clearly that this sport will deal with it if it happens - pity other sports and fans don't follow and help out with identifying perpetrators.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/rugby- ... n-13892561
Hehehehehehehehe
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Well done Ulster

Post by ads »

+1
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Well done indeed. All clubs should be doing this. :smt023
PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PGD »

+1
Scum like this have no place in our game (or any game, for that matter). It's especially horrible as I think Ulster fans are the friendliest supporters around.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Verbal abuse leads to a life ban.
But for violently and deliberately breaking an opponent's arm Callum Clark still gets to play?
Has the world gone mad?
A life long Tiger
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I don't like Calum Clarke either. But I don't think we need to shoehorn him into every thread possible
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Congratulations indeed on this being taken seriously by Ulster.
Sadly I can see where this came from.

Last Saturday I had to have words with a very vociferous Ulster Fan sat behind, us to the effect that, whilst we are more than happy to have opposition fans make as much noise as they like in support of their team - it should be just that support for their team - not the constant barrage of demeaning, insulting and derogatory comments about "Tiggers" he was coming out with - almost deliberately baiting the Tigers fans sat around him. To be fair he did stop carping on about us and started cheering for his own team after I addressed him, but it didn't feel nice.

The slating of the opposition is becoming increasingly disrespectful, this isn't the first time I've experienced it at Welford Road - after the Glasgow game last year my wife and I seriously considered not renewing our season tickets so unpleasant was the atmosphere and we will certainly NEVER attend a game against Glasgow again.

The flip side of course were the Munster fans - wonderfully vocal in support of their team, fair in their comments and not once have I heard them being disrespectful. Just lovely people to watch a game with.

I fear can see where the separation of fans in Football had its roots.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I think it would be good if we always showed respect to the opposition and would go so far as to say that I find the cheering of opposition mistakes obnoxious. Cheer your team not your opponents knock ons etc.
I'm not cynical just experienced
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Clearly Ulster are making a statement that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable and should be applauded for doing so.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The Ulster fans were great around me until the drinks started taking the toll.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Northerntiger wrote
I don't like Calum Clarke either. But I don't think we need to shoehorn him into every thread possible
I wasn't commenting on liking or disliking anyone, merely the difference in punishments applied to the two offences.
I am not party to what was said but "Sticks and stones" theory should apply to Ulster, ask any official who has had his legitimacy questioned. The slightest hint of a racial slur seems to trump anything else.
You seem to think that Clark's deliberate breaking of an opponent's arm should be dismissed as not worth considering.
It is a hundred times worse than a shout from the crowd, no matter how barbed or prejudiced.
A life long Tiger
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I absolutely agree. Just think it has been done to death
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Smudge wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:54 pm Northerntiger wrote
I wasn't commenting on liking or disliking anyone, merely the difference in punishments applied to the two offences.
I am not party to what was said but "Sticks and stones" theory should apply to Ulster, ask any official who has had his legitimacy questioned. The slightest hint of a racial slur seems to trump anything else.
You seem to think that Clark's deliberate breaking of an opponent's arm should be dismissed as not worth considering.
It is a hundred times worse than a shout from the crowd, no matter how barbed or prejudiced.
Unfortunately, the days of "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will NEVER hurt me" has now changed to "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will ALWAYS hurt me".

The PC Brigade have got hold of the saying amongst most other things!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Agree wholeheartedly,Ulster best fans bar none, Glasgow awful! A lot are ex footie fans that's why,I was at that game. They were swearing around kids,spraying beer everywhere,bad attitudes all round! Didn't enjoy the atmosphere at all!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer