The Derby Round v Northampton - Premiership Rugby Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: The Derby Round v Northampton - Premiership Rugby Cup

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:18 pm Saints selection doesn't bother me.
It is what it is and Leicester should be good enough to cope.
I don't see any Waller, Mercey, Hill, Ford-Robinson, Ribbans, Wood, Ludlam, Eadie, Burrell, Dingwall, Sleightholme, Naiyavarovo, Lawes and Biggar, so game on in my opinion!
Hahaha I wouldn’t consider Ford-Robinson a 1st teamer.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Barrow has only made a couple of Challenge Cup games I think.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It’s the Derby, form counts for nothing, look at what Saints did to us last year...
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

When did 14 Sarto turn up and if he's got 34 test caps why hasn't he played before? Unless he's just arrived it doesn't make sense to start him in a development competition?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

G.K wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm When did 14 Sarto turn up and if he's got 34 test caps why hasn't he played before? Unless he's just arrived it doesn't make sense to start him in a development competition?
He was announced three weeks ago and played in an A League team fixture.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

G.K wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm When did 14 Sarto turn up and if he's got 34 test caps why hasn't he played before? Unless he's just arrived it doesn't make sense to start him in a development competition?
He arrived with Tom V about 3 or 4 weeks ago and couldn't be registered for the HC - that's why we haven't seen him in the 1st team
Hehehehehehehehe
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:40 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:18 pm Saints selection doesn't bother me.
It is what it is and Leicester should be good enough to cope.
I don't see any Waller, Mercey, Hill, Ford-Robinson, Ribbans, Wood, Ludlam, Eadie, Burrell, Dingwall, Sleightholme, Naiyavarovo, Lawes and Biggar, so game on in my opinion!
Hahaha I wouldn’t consider Ford-Robinson a 1st teamer.
I wouldn't consider butterfingers Burrell either but there you go, and if they ever make a live action version of teletubbies then I reckon Naiyavarovo could find something that he is good at!
We could always take Ford-Robinson's name out and replace it with a better player, the England skipper perhaps! :smt005
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:45 pm
He arrived with Tom V about 3 or 4 weeks ago and couldn't be registered for the HC - that's why we haven't seen him in the 1st team
Trouble is they won't see much ball? However, it will be a good blooding and I am all in favour of that to see whom has the guts and who will fall away from the challenge. The scoreline may be one thing but the manner in how it comes about is more important. GM should get a lot from this against a really strong Saints side?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

It's one hell of a blooding for our players, and a learning curve. As others have stated, lets see who has pride, passion and fire.

Don't see us winning, but just hope it's not a thrashing. Good luck lads.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

TigerCam wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:21 pm
trendylfj wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:45 pm
Trouble is they won't see much ball? However, it will be a good blooding and I am all in favour of that to see whom has the guts and who will fall away from the challenge. The scoreline may be one thing but the manner in how it comes about is more important. GM should get a lot from this against a really strong Saints side?
"They won't see much of the ball?"

Are you asking us or telling us?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Thanks for the info on Saro. Sad days though when the best we seem to hope for is Tigers not to get a thrashing against Saints. How times have changed. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

G.K wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:33 am Thanks for the info on Saro. Sad days though when the best we seem to hope for is Tigers not to get a thrashing against Saints. How times have changed. :smt009
Ever since it was downgraded by removing the HC qualification we've always put out weak teams in the poll stage.

It's a pointless competition when other teams don't treat it as a development competition. There needs to be more rules in place dictating the make up of squads.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:59 am
G.K wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:33 am Thanks for the info on Saro. Sad days though when the best we seem to hope for is Tigers not to get a thrashing against Saints. How times have changed. :smt009
Ever since it was downgraded by removing the HC qualification we've always put out weak teams in the poll stage.

It's a pointless competition when other teams don't treat it as a development competition. There needs to be more rules in place dictating the make up of squads.
Would be crazy anyway to put out a first choice team in this competition. Will come back to bite Saints if they get injuries.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

A lot of optimism in here considering we've taken one point from three games in this competition. We can talk about the spirit of the competition and everything but all this selection really does is emphasise how weak our depth chart is at the moment.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

northerntiger wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:21 am
Would be crazy anyway to put out a first choice team in this competition. Will come back to bite Saints if they get injuries.
I couldn't agree more NT. Whilst I wish no individual ill, part of me feels there would be a certain amount of poetic justice if a couple of Saints key players got injured and were out for a while.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!