Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: The Derby Round v Northampton - Premiership Rugby Cup

Post by Scott1 »

47?????? Jeez i thought it was 33
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:52 pm
fleabane wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:50 pm 47 - 20 :smt009
Saints did score 3 tries in the last 5 mins, from what I've read it sounds like it was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests
Respective benches made the difference?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Saints did score 3 tries in the last 5 mins, from what I've read it sounds like it was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests
Only the scoreline matters, Tigers came back into because Saints relaxed.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:54 pm
Only the scoreline matters, Tigers came back into because Saints relaxed.
So not because we played a bit better for a period then?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

You were saying BFG? So we ended bring crushed,Thacker was superb AGAIN and Ghiraldini was our replacement hooker in the Sarries p try destruction. Not having a good day are you?! :smt002
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:56 pm You were saying BFG? So we ended bring crushed,Thacker was superb AGAIN and Ghiraldini was our replacement hooker in the Sarries p try destruction. Not having a good day are you?! :smt002
Like I said, premature! :smt005
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oQICxsMUy5M
Super little player, but Thacker's set piece weakness ultimately contributed to a Bristol loss on the telly today.
It's a great shame that the current laws don't really help either.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Thacker should have been put at No 9. Out of his class at hooker, it needs a massively strong unit to accomodate him. But at 9, he would have been in our match squad all season.

Another dreadful result, washed away by Stains Stiffs.

Heaven help us.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:54 pm 47?????? Jeez i thought it was 33
Disappointing the capitulation from 26-20 to 47-20. We'd done so well to keep them within reach and then seemed to fall apart in the last 10 mins.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fortysix wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:06 pmwashed away by Stains Stiffs.
Hardly 'Stiffs' but then I guess it depends on mindset.
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:08 pmDisappointing the capitulation from 26-20 to 47-20. We'd done so well to keep them within reach and then seemed to fall apart in the last 10 mins.
Can't say for sure as I lost my online RL feed but could it have been the difference in the bench players?

Hearing the last try was an interception - made scoreline look worse than possibly deserved.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

While the scoreline may invoke frustration and be a bitter pill to swallow, I am sure that the game showed GM plenty of what the younger Tigers are about. To be blown off the park at the end of what I read was a close contest I am not ready to slash my wrists just yet. Unlike the Ulster game where IMO 'stupid school boy' errors for 20 mins cost the game?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

No surprises here. Another thrashing, albeit in a tin pot competition. I was hoping against hope that our young bucks would put up a fight.

We have learnt today, that we have very little quality depth in the squad, which comes as no surprise. We are going to have to back to square one, to begin our rebuilding programme, otherwise the mess we are in will continue.

I hover between he tinted specs brigade, and the out and out doom merchants, viewing myself as a realist, so at this moment in time my leanings, sadly, are closer to the latter.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:33 pm No surprises here. Another thrashing, albeit in a tin pot competition. I was hoping against hope that our young bucks would put up a fight.

We have learnt today, that we have very little quality depth in the squad, which comes as no surprise. We are going to have to back to square one, to begin our rebuilding programme, otherwise the mess we are in will continue.

I hover between he tinted specs brigade, and the out and out doom merchants, viewing myself as a realist, so at this moment in time my leanings, sadly, are closer to the latter.
Were you at the game?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Can someone hold my coat while I slash my wrists.... oh, hang on, maybe I'm over reacting!

Will some of you just cut Murphy a bit of slack, these youngsters need game time. Whether Stains entered into the spirit of the competition is a moot point! :smt017
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

fentiger wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:42 pm Can someone hold my coat while I slash my wrists.... oh, hang on, maybe I'm over reacting!

Will some of you just cut Murphy a bit of slack, these youngsters need game time. Whether Stains entered into the spirit of the competition is a moot point! :smt017
Exactly, it’s a development competition so guess what, the purpose is.........

Development of players

No surprise that our young team ran out of steam against a strong Saints team and bench. It’s what they’ve learned and how they applied themselves in the course of the match that is important here.

It is possible to lose (in this competition particularly) and still get plenty out of it in the short medium and long term.

I’m also guessing that most of the comments are from people that haven’t seen a minute of the game as yet.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Everyone before you judge the result look at our bench they are not next years future many are playing only their first senior game.

We played our development and academy players and they played people like Gibson and Barrow who last year would have been our firsts.

When you think of it like that we played to develop and compete and it looks like they’re doing both.