Dead rubber v Ulster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Dead dead rubber v Ulster

Post by fortysix »

TIGERS MUST PUT OUT THEIR BEST SIDE AND BEAT ULSTER.
OTHERWISE IT IS A DISGRACE TO THE TIGERS NAME.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm I'm going, even though I'm not expecting much. Might be our last proper European game for a while and the Ulster fans are always good craic. Would have been nice for the club to do us a deal on ticket prices given the circumstances but that might have meant buying cheaper doorknobs for the hotel.
Don’t get this that the challenge cup isn’t a proper competition. Watched the Clerment Saints game last night, neither of them lined up as it being a mean nothing match.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

There will be plenty of tickets available for Ulster Fans. I bet we end up giving away a huge amount to try to get bums on seats.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:29 pm There will be plenty of tickets available for Ulster Fans. I bet we end up giving away a huge amount to try to get bums on seats.
Why would we do that. A large number have already been sold as part of season tickets and WE ARENT WASPS
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:29 pm There will be plenty of tickets available for Ulster Fans. I bet we end up giving away a huge amount to try to get bums on seats.
Why would we do that. A large number have already been sold as part of season tickets and WE ARENT WASPS
So many season ticket holders have said they wont be there, no doubt cashing in their tickets! Unless loads of fans travel from Ulster, you could witness a half empty stadium.
Just to confirm, my wife and I will both be there, cheering them on, we are 2 old fogies who sit in the Crumbie, you know the type that many often decry!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:07 pm It might be a dead rubber to us but is it a dead rubber to Ulster? I think they need points from this game whereas the Scarlets game was dead for both sides?
That being the case we should make the Irish beggars fight for the points and show some respect to the Parisians.
Exactly Dai! Far from a match with nothing at stake!! Ulster have every chance if qualifying as one of the best runners up and Tigers have an obligation to field their strongest team possible. If I were in Leicester I’d certainly go to the match and cheer for the team. It has the makings of a fine match!!
Semper in excretia
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:33 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 pm
So many season ticket holders have said they wont be there, no doubt cashing in their tickets! Unless loads of fans travel from Ulster, you could witness a half empty stadium.
Just to confirm, my wife and I will both be there, cheering them on, we are 2 old fogies who sit in the Crumbie, you know the type that many often decry!
Don’t disagree that a number of season ticket holders won’t attend just saying there is no need give a load of tickets away
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’m going...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
APM16

Post by APM16 »

Hopefully Tigers turn up as well and make Ulster earn the win they need.
I'll support whoever shows up on the day - and if that's Ulster so be it (will wait until Tigers team's announced before deciding whether to swap my green coat for a red one).
Spoken as a rugby supporter and long-time Tigers member/season ticketholder, :smt030 :smt030 who's going to the finals in Newcastle and will be supporting the Irish provinces in the knockout stages.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

APM16 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 pmHopefully Tigers turn up as well and deny Ulster the win they need.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
GeoffNeil

Post by GeoffNeil »

I am waiting until I see the team, no wish to go and witness yet another home Euro humiliation. Some may see that as not being a true supporter!! I see it as one who wants the team to flourish but needs to send a message as to what potentially may happen if management and coaches do not get to grips with the issues within the club,
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I've heard the 'Beat from the East' may return by the weekend, I don't think we should be putting or players out in that, they'll freeze to death standing around. Best if they send a note from their Mums. It will save the fans more sufferring anyway.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Dead rubber, but me and 3 mates will be there. Living in Bath and having 3 teams within our group to support, and shift work, this is our first game of the season. Gutted that it won’t matter to us but I want to see some pride and not us taking at huge falic object in an umm comfortable place. Just show some fight, pride and passion and the result won’t matter. Want to go out and not be a stroppy teenager and have fun night after the game....
There is never any points for 2nd place...
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I don't mind resting players for away games with nothing on the line. However, at Welford Road everyone fit should be considered. We need to get the fortress feeling back and wins over Glaws and Quins should only be the start. Make a statement against Ulster, dead rubber or not this is Welford Road and nobody comes here for an easy win. Our backyard, our fans, our city and no quarter of it will be given.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

I think half the team have already basically given up because they know the fans on here think they are useless and possibly Murphy feels the same as well.
So they know they are Championship fodder or at best, a reserve at Quims / Sale/ Worcester/ Barf/ Glos or Newcastle..
Some of the lack of effort yesterday was unforgivable. But paradoxically others tried 150%.