Syston rfc

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Syston rfc

Post by Mark62 »

Just hoping someone may be able to enlighten me.
Certainly throughout the past 12 years or so Syston have been near the top of the local rugby tree, winning a number of county cups and always challenging at the top of what is now the Midland Premiership.
Their record this season though is played 16 won 1 and they are adrift at the bottom of that league.

Just wondering what has happened. I know Chris Tarbuck was the coach there, has he left, have few of their senior players stopped playing. Just appears to be quite a drop

Thanks
KevinR

Re: Syston rfc

Post by KevinR »

The lack of wins this season doesn't reflect lack of effort, team spirit or quality of coaching. Unfortunately, having won promotion when they were easily the best team, the step up is (again) proving too much. The same thing happened in Chris Tarbuck's last season as head coach. The biggest factor is money: Syston, unlike their rivals in Midlands Premier, don't pay their players. The positive element in this is that do work very hard to develop youngsters and bring them through from Colts.

They will be relegated, of course, and probably top the table next season - so the yo-yo process continues!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

KevinR wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:36 pm The lack of wins this season doesn't reflect lack of effort, team spirit or quality of coaching. Unfortunately, having won promotion when they were easily the best team, the step up is (again) proving too much. The same thing happened in Chris Tarbuck's last season as head coach. The biggest factor is money: Syston, unlike their rivals in Midlands Premier, don't pay their players. The positive element in this is that do work very hard to develop youngsters and bring them through from Colts.

They will be relegated, of course, and probably top the table next season - so the yo-yo process continues!
Thank you for that. I didn’t think it was through any lack of effort, I know what a proud club they are, and assumed it would be down to the power of the almighty dollar.
Can’t help keeping the best players when there are 3 national league sides close by as well
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

That's true - there were a few who moved after getting good offers, but at least one has returned.