New Coach?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: New Coach?

Post by johnthegriff »

Debate about recruitment is never ending we as fans don't know who's it is to sign or release a certain player, I believe it was a mistake to release Goneva to enable the signing of J.P Pietersen, I also believe that was Aaron Maugers idea but I don't actually know. I can think of several other examples that I think were mistakes but I don't know if these were done at the suggestion of the coaches whoever reigned at the time or Ged or Simon but I do know we cannot change the past we can only hope the future is better and having a Head Coach in place with the time and confidence to plan has to be better than of recent years.
Full back planning? When recruiting under MOC. We would have said Vieanu first choice backed up by Tait, Worth, Holmes, Olowofela and possibly Joe Ford three of those were unavailable last Friday other injuries meant multi position players were needed else where. Fortunately I understand Fred Seward managed to complete his homework on the way to Sale and was able to take his place on the bench. Circumstances were exceptional, we started our fourth choice scrum half, I cannot see that it is the fault of anybody that our first choice is on England duty and our second and third choices got head injuries in the first half of the previous match, how do you plan to avoid that situation?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Why is everyone putting so much emphasis on the Sale game and none of the other 13? losses and other poor performances when we've had many of our players available?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Is Joe Ford worth keeping? One brilliant game only. I suspect it is more to do with keeping brother George happy.

Am I being too cynical? Probably.