Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Team News v Scarlets

Post by ellis9 »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm It's like a comedy show and I don't mean the game. I'm talking about some of the comments on here about a meaningless game. :smt044
I don't regard it as meaningless, I'd expect professionals to make more effort. In addition I suspect a few of those players have blown their chance of a Tigers contract next season.
Actually, it was meaningful. Murphy can now see where these players need to improve for our Premiership matches during the Six Nations.

Much prefer to perform like that today and then correct things and then perform in the Premiership matches during the Six Nations period.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 pm It's like a comedy show and I don't mean the game. I'm talking about some of the comments on here about a meaningless game. :smt044
I don't regard it as meaningless, I'd expect professionals to make more effort. In addition I suspect a few of those players have blown their chance of a Tigers contract next season.
I think a few players would have done their chances of a new contract huge harm. That was disjointed and poor. They must have known who was playing on Monday so should have been better.
Now, as a selfish person, I have tickets for Saturday with 3 mates (1x glaws, 1x Bath, 1x Tigers) so let’s pray this was just a very poor starter before the steak main next Saturday.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Better that they performed this badly in a dead rubber so Murphy can make adjustments for 6N Period, agreed that Joe Ford should be nowhere near the match day squad, the 22 place should go to Hardwick. I think we need to sign another Centre and drop off Owen, injured too much and doesn’t seem to want to play. I still can’t believe to this day we let go of Betham :smt013
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:44 pm Better that they performed this badly in a dead rubber so Murphy can make adjustments for 6N Period, agreed that Joe Ford should be nowhere near the match day squad, the 22 place should go to Hardwick. I think we need to sign another Centre and drop off Owen, injured too much and doesn’t seem to want to play. I still can’t believe to this day we let go of Betham :smt013
is Hardwick fit?
GeoffNeil

Post by GeoffNeil »

Another European home humiliation beckons if something is not done, and I am not sure I want to go and watch it.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Oh dear, oh dear yet more brain dead Rugby and many of them didn't seem interested in being there. An embarrasment to the shirt really. Will be a blessing in disguise when we don't qualify for next season. :smt009

And as for saying it was only a dead rubber - don't bother. :smt018
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
nasher

Post by nasher »

If this is the standard of rugby we can expect, the board should give up rugby and concentrate on hotels and hospitality!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Let's be honest the game didn't mean a huge amount to the overall season so it made sense to have a look and give opportunities.
I think one thing is certain though and that is that the young potential is limited.
I can forgive the front row as it's a huge step up in physical intensity for that age and they were up against very good players, but the rest were extremely limited in their potential, until the game was already gone no-one showed anything.
I don't get the scrum half at all, an extremely limited player in my opinion.
About time they turned up and had a positive impact on games as to be totally honest in my opinion to date they have been carried.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Watches a game where pretty much no one played well.
Blames only the academy products... :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

nasher wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:19 pm If this is the standard of rugby we can expect, the board should give up rugby and concentrate on hotels and hospitality!
One day, people will understand this hotel project and understand how it has absolutely no negative effect on the playing squad or the finances of the club.

I just have no idea when that day will arrive!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:35 pm Watches a game where pretty much no one played well.
About the only ones who featured I'd look to retain. Will Evans was our best player, Heyes went toe to toe with an experienced Welsh international and gave nothing away, might have won a penalty or two as well. Owolofela looked dangerous when we created space for him, Worth was a mixed bag and White struggled. Wells toiled hard and looked to be one of the few up for a fight.

Better than Mapaplangi who missed tackles all over the place, Williams who rightly got binned having been run ragged by the inexperienced Scarlets backrow. Fitzgerald and Kitch were absent at the breakdown. Owen was a non-entity and the less said about Joe Ford the better.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:35 pm Watches a game where pretty much no one played well.
Come off it, some of them were well below the standard!
All this talk of potential does actually need backing up with some glimpses of potential.
Up front there was the odd glimpse, the front row in particular had a proper job on tonight, Olowafela showed a couple of glimpses late on, but elsewhere was really poor overall in my opinion.
They've got to contribute a lot more positively than that at this level in my opinion!
No doubt Joe Ford will get the blame but the game was over before he arrived.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

This was a great opportunity to show what we could do with no pressure on us at all. Instead of fireworks, all we got was a damp squib. There is so much work to be done, it's difficult to know where to start.

I feel a headache coming on chaps. :smt017
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

nasher wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:19 pm If this is the standard of rugby we can expect, the board should give up rugby and concentrate on hotels and hospitality!
I think they already have. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

If this Tigers team had turned up at Welford Road as the opposition six years ago the post-match chat with Tigers supporters would have been; we won, but poor game. Opposition didn't turn up, had players on the field out of their depth, poorly coached, disorganised, unmotivated, going through the motions.

The fact that some of the chat on here is about it being a game that doesn't matter, says it all. This is Leicester Tigers playing in the Premier European tournament. Well the competition definitely won't matter to us next year - because we won't be playing in it. Cohen and Glynn can watch the second tier competition.