Team News v Scarlets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Team News v Scarlets

Post by voice of the crumbie »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:02 pm Louis, my evidence is from my son who lives in Bath and is very friendly with a few Bath players, who in turn are friendly with some players in the Tigers squad. According to them the senior players mentioned have the ear of Murphy and certain board members and try to and succeed in getting their way with the coaching staff in team selection and tactics.
Must be them that are encouraging GM to keep playing the youngsters then. Something that rarely happened under MOC. Or was that their decision as well?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:02 pm Louis, my evidence is from my son who lives in Bath and is very friendly with a few Bath players, who in turn are friendly with some players in the Tigers squad. According to them the senior players mentioned have the ear of Murphy and certain board members and try to and succeed in getting their way with the coaching staff in team selection and tactics.
So nothing more than hearsay then?

Bath players.... :smt005 not exactly impartial and no doubt enjoying spreading the muck, particularly to someone with a Leicester connection who laps it up and passes it on, and then off, as evidence :smt002 :smt023

Alternately, if there is any mileage in it, it could simply be players at Leicester (would be interested to know which ones?) with an unjustified gripe or grudge having a whine to anyone who will listen, poor form from the players if so, or maybe an innocent comment misinterpreted and blown out of proportion for jolly japes.

Whilst it may ultimately prove correct that senior players seek influence in a rugby club (shock, horror I bet no other club in the history of rugby (or any sport) has had senior players wanting a say in how things go....) I'd wait for more substantiated 'evidence' to surface, even then I wouldn't link it back directly to stories emanating from the wreck.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

This performance (if you can call it that) does not bode well for us during the ^ nations
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:22 pm

Bath players.... :smt005 not exactly impartial and no doubt enjoying spreading the muck, particularly to someone with a Leicester connection who laps it up and passes it on, and then off, as evidence :smt002 :smt023

Alternately, if there is any mileage in it, it could simply be players at Leicester (would be interested to know which ones?) with an unjustified gripe or grudge having a whine to anyone who will listen, poor form from the players if so, or maybe an innocent comment misinterpreted and blown out of proportion for jolly japes.

Whilst it may ultimately prove correct that senior players seek influence in a rugby club (shock, horror I bet no other club in the history of rugby (or any sport) has had senior players wanting a say in how things go....) I'd wait for more substantiated 'evidence' to surface, even then I wouldn't link it back directly to stories emanating from the wreck.
My info was almost direct from players who didn't rate MOC, were standouts for us, and were very concerned about the future. Mind you, only one was English, maybe they were biased. I will note that everything predicted has come true (coaching, recruitment, defence, skills) , so believe that validates their info.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:13 am
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:22 pm

My info was almost direct from players who didn't rate MOC, were standouts for us, and were very concerned about the future. Mind you, only one was English, maybe they were biased. I will note that everything predicted has come true (coaching, recruitment, defence, skills) , so believe that validates their info.
Unless people provide names and sources for this type of thing, I generally ignore it.

On that note, someone I know has been speaking to a Tigers player and they have said that we are going to be signing 2 of the best players in the world at the moment. :smt023
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I would not be surprised if this « player power » inference is not true. In any organisation lacking leadership it is quite normal for workers (players) to try to influence outcomes themselves.
Valhalla I am coming!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

On a positive note - GM has started to bring in young guns to first team.

I judge it to be a positive move as he can see who has the ability and commitment to progress in a challenging league.
We talk often about strength and depth of squads.especially if we are to compete during 6N period, Ii feel we are in a better position than in previous seasons.
So called dead rubbers are the opportunity to give them a run. And some are proving their worth.
Surely with talk of Wage caps and journey men and investment into Academy, why not?
It worked for us in the past.
Do we need to invest more into the Academy ?Possibly . :smt023 :smt023

Does this then negate talk of Seniors Union......
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:01 pm
Must be them that are encouraging GM to keep playing the youngsters then. Something that rarely happened under MOC. Or was that their decision as well?
I once met a bloke whose uncle knew a bloke that overheard talk in the pub that the Tigers selection process was actually controlled by Tory Underwood's daughters mate. Could be I reckon.