Team News v Scarlets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Louis

Re: Team News v Scarlets

Post by Louis »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:37 am It's very sad that Tigers as a club allow the Fords, Youngs & Tuilagis to dictate what happens in the club. As quoted Murphy needs to grow some balls.
Genuine question: Is this really what's happening?

I'm not doubting you, I just don't know what the evidence is.
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:33 am I can't see what the who-ha is about. You pick a depleted squad to play a determined enemy in their own backyard in a game that doesn't matter? What did you expect. Yes, you can blather on about professionalism but then again.......
There's another thread on here about injuries? If you want to reduce injuries how about reducing the number of games? Don't play the dead rubber. Have a "pools panel" sit, or play it on a simulation and move on from there.
Whilst we're at it, ban the play offs. We have a league to organise the ranking of our teams. If you're top why let fourth best have another go at you? Unnecessary!
Cut the number of AIs to three, maybe two and a second tier game and don't play club games whilst internationals are on.
Oh yes, I can hear the uproar, "I like the play offs" "It's all about money." I could turn that into lust and greed.
Just as the bosses (Money men) and project managers (parasites) ruined manufacturing by exploiting those with the skills to make something, so the same species are ruining rugby by exploiting those with the skill to play the game. So much so that the laws of the game are becoming more and more grey areas or simply not applied.
Change the tackle law? No. Enforce what you have and reduce the opportunity for injury by reducing the schedule.

Long live the revolution! And yes......I am exceptionally grumpy this morning.
You may be grumpy, but spot on. Perhaps the rules could be changed so that if neither side can progress in the competition by a win, or bonus point, then the competition officials should declare it a dead rubber and cancel the game. Less game time, and injury risk, for the players. Experimenting with players, and without an overwhelming desire to win, should be consigned to the training ground. Without that competitiveness, it ceases to be "sport". And, enforce the laws already in place. It took half a game to enforce the offside laws last evening.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

You lost me at Alex Goode! Pathetic defender , embarrassing at times!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 am You lost me at Alex Goode! Pathetic defender , embarrassing at times!
Pathetic just about sums it up!
On the flip side how good was the Leicester attack yesterday?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Didn't watch it unfortunately,was away with wife. Bad?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Louis, my evidence is from my son who lives in Bath and is very friendly with a few Bath players, who in turn are friendly with some players in the Tigers squad. According to them the senior players mentioned have the ear of Murphy and certain board members and try to and succeed in getting their way with the coaching staff in team selection and tactics.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:57 am Didn't watch it unfortunately,was away with wife. Bad?
Saved yourself getting depressed
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:57 am Didn't watch it unfortunately,was away with wife. Bad?
Toomua and Holmes apart who's class was momentarily apparent, it was a lot worse than Goode's defending has ever been!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Louis wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:37 am
Big Dai wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:33 am I can't see what the who-ha is about. You pick a depleted squad to play a determined enemy in their own backyard in a game that doesn't matter? What did you expect. Yes, you can blather on about professionalism but then again.......
There's another thread on here about injuries? If you want to reduce injuries how about reducing the number of games? Don't play the dead rubber. Have a "pools panel" sit, or play it on a simulation and move on from there.
Whilst we're at it, ban the play offs. We have a league to organise the ranking of our teams. If you're top why let fourth best have another go at you? Unnecessary!
Cut the number of AIs to three, maybe two and a second tier game and don't play club games whilst internationals are on.
Oh yes, I can hear the uproar, "I like the play offs" "It's all about money." I could turn that into lust and greed.
Just as the bosses (Money men) and project managers (parasites) ruined manufacturing by exploiting those with the skills to make something, so the same species are ruining rugby by exploiting those with the skill to play the game. So much so that the laws of the game are becoming more and more grey areas or simply not applied.
Change the tackle law? No. Enforce what you have and reduce the opportunity for injury by reducing the schedule.

Long live the revolution! And yes......I am exceptionally grumpy this morning.
With you on The Revolution.

With you on reducing the number of games. A lot. (Sad for me as a fan in some ways, better for the players).

With you on enforcing the laws on the books.

Not sure about the "project managers" thing, depends who you mean. There is a(n unappreciated) skill to "getting things done on a bigger scale". Time and Motion people will be the first against the wall come The Revolution though.*

*Is "Sack Cockers" sung to the tune of "The Red Flag"?
It's more those lovely "Get it out by Friday' people who don't have the talent to do the job themselves but seem to know sooooooo much about it?? Wizards versus muggles!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
25tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 25tiger »

Effectively a brand new team playing away at Scarlets late on a Saturday with nothing on the line.... not many prem teams would have put in a good performance in the same circumstances in my opinion.

As Murphy said post game, a couple of young lads got better from the game time and some other players didn’t seize their opportunity. Really struggling to see why it’s all doom and gloom on here...
nasher

Post by nasher »

I agree completely,tigers is now run by player power. I suspect that getting rid of some will help. We will be no worse off is these England players left.
Louis

Post by Louis »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:10 pm It's more those lovely "Get it out by Friday' people who don't have the talent to do the job themselves but seem to know sooooooo much about it?? Wizards versus muggles!
Good. Everyone hates them. Including, I think, themselves
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If that were the case that certain individuals dictated things why was Ben Young’s on the bench for some of the recent European games when we still in the competition?
Louis

Post by Louis »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:02 pm Louis, my evidence is from my son who lives in Bath and is very friendly with a few Bath players, who in turn are friendly with some players in the Tigers squad. According to them the senior players mentioned have the ear of Murphy and certain board members and try to and succeed in getting their way with the coaching staff in team selection and tactics.
Got you. So it really is an incestuous mess, or a cliquey nightmare.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Very sad to see many indicating it's acceptable/understandable (pick an excuse) for a Tiger's team to not turn up and lose heavily because it's not a match worth getting out of bed for. In that case why bother travelling at all, best just 'phone up the opposition club and say we'll concede to save petrol and bother. It's no wonder Tigers are where they are with this attitude. :smt009 :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.