Academy strip

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Academy strip

Post by RagingBull »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:47 pm I think the academy have always played in old style shirts. Pretty sure a few years back they were playing in a red shirt that was once the change strip
they used to play in the same ones the seniors did about 3 or 4 years ago.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I still have the light green, red and white short sleeved shirt with Next on the front: still looks good and I wear it to away games and the Superdry long sleeve version to home games. Lots of fans bought the Superdry shirts especially when they were reduced to half price.
The other shirt I really liked was the one the team wore ( and I wore) for the Paris Cup Final v Stade. I had the player quality shirt which cost £70 but was worth the money. The players liked it so much they changed out of the one produced for the final once the photos had been done just before the final kicked off! Happy days.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Noggs wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:28 pm Thanks. Very similar to the development and Academy shirts back in the day and to the Lutterworth RFC shirt.
The shirts are wonderful, and bring back memories of the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Proper Tigers shirts. I still have a couple of them, but sadly they don't fit me now.

Happy days, with great memories.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Have my first tigers..moth eaten and in a sealed box with all my other tops. Can't bin any of them...I cut the arms off my first one..Goldstar with the traditional stripes. Retro gold.
There is never any points for 2nd place...