Dan Cole

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Dan Cole

Post by LE18 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:02 pm Hands off Eddie Jones as we need Cole more than England - especially in the 6 Nations period when apart from Sarries we will be up against virtually unaffected squads.
Cole was excellent again yesterday showing a Genge he still has a lot to learn about what it means to be a GREAT TIGER. Cole, Williams and Manu put in some awesome tackles.
My definition of winter includes the 6 Nations.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:32 pm Big Dan has always given 100%, but his game performance yesterday was outstanding. :smt023
+1
I'm not cynical just experienced
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Cole was very impressive yesterday, clear improvement over recent games - especially liked the penalty he gained for the illegal clear out.

But the same, easily kick able, penalties are being handed out by him and he really needs to address it.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

speedski wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:15 pm Cole was very impressive yesterday, clear improvement over recent games - especially liked the penalty he gained for the illegal clear out.

But the same, easily kick able, penalties are being handed out by him and he really needs to address it.
Last season yes. This season not so much. Big improvement in that department, the Racing game was a bit of a blip but generally his discipline has been good this season.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

speedski wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:15 pm Cole was very impressive yesterday, clear improvement over recent games - especially liked the penalty he gained for the illegal clear out.

It'd be interesting to know if Leicester are scrummaging a little less more recently, I get the impression that less errors are being made currently so it could well be the case.
I can tell you that I have had a few goes at it filling in at TH and I can't overstate how much effort it takes out of you and how hard it is on the body just for a short spell let alone over a longer period of time!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Talking of tightheads the one who played for Saints against Wasps yesterday (Painter I think it was) was absolutely useless. Hope he plays against us. Genge will destroy him. His replacement was not much better either.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I thought Pearce was perhaps harsh on Painter, Franks is the best scrummager in the squad not sure as to why he hasn’t started more game.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Painter did rather well against us last Season I recall - he's only young , very big and will get better . Cole had his best game for ages on Saturday - lets hope Eddie didn't see it !
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

MikeR wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:34 am Painter did rather well against us last Season I recall - he's only young , very big and will get better . Cole had his best game for ages on Saturday - lets hope Eddie didn't see it !
Or that Eddie reads the Times where Dan had a big write up praising his tackle and winning of a penalty by subterfuge.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

MikeR wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:34 am Painter did rather well against us last Season I recall - he's only young , very big and will get better . Cole had his best game for ages on Saturday - lets hope Eddie didn't see it !
At 6'4" Painter was always going to have some hidings whilst transferring to senior level. All props take a few beatings starting out but taller ones (where technique comes less naturally) and very heavy props (who often dominate at age a grade due to their sheer size by 'chasing their feet') will naturally have a tougher transition.

He's put in some good performances for Saints but I'd take Heyes any day as a prospect.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It was good to see him only conceding one penalty as this has been my biggest criticism of his play. In the tight there is non better and his carries and work rate speak for themselves. He may well get back on the England radar if merit is to be rewarded.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

The break from international rugby has done Cole good. Before that the relentless round of Prem, Europe, Autumn, 6N, Tour, RWC, can only have been taxing in the end. Playing and training a bit less has rested Dan, sharpened him up, and renewed his hunger.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JWM wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:36 am The break from international rugby has done Cole good. Before that the relentless round of Prem, Europe, Autumn, 6N, Tour, RWC, can only have been taxing in the end. Playing and training a bit less has rested Dan, sharpened him up, and renewed his hunger.
Which is why Eddie Jones has left him out of the England squad recently so that Cole will be ready for the Six Nations and the World Cup.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:01 am
JWM wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:36 am The break from international rugby has done Cole good. Before that the relentless round of Prem, Europe, Autumn, 6N, Tour, RWC, can only have been taxing in the end. Playing and training a bit less has rested Dan, sharpened him up, and renewed his hunger.
Which is why Eddie Jones has left him out of the England squad recently so that Cole will be ready for the Six Nations and the World Cup.
Not sure that has ever been said Ellis. In fact I’m not sure anything has ever been said publicly.
Although Sinckler was rubbish at Welford road I think he did enough during the Autumn internationals to start at the beginning of the 6 nations with the bench spot being between Dan and Williams.
The one worry with that is what Healey could do to Sinckler in the first game as whoever is loosehead will have his hands busy with Furlong to help out
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:43 pm
ellis9 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:01 am
Not sure that has ever been said Ellis. In fact I’m not sure anything has ever been said publicly.
Although Sinckler was rubbish at Welford road I think he did enough during the Autumn internationals to start at the beginning of the 6 nations with the bench spot being between Dan and Williams.
The one worry with that is what Healey could do to Sinckler in the first game as whoever is loosehead will have his hands busy with Furlong to help out
I should have added "In my opinion".