Back to Europe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Back to Europe

Post by JP14 »

Interesting, spent two months developing Mapapalangi into a Nakarawa type lock only then to select him at 8, we’ll see how this goes I’m looking forward to it!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Pretty sure the only reason Tino has been playing lock was because we had a shortage of them.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Possibly but still my point stands he’s spent two or so months adjusting to a more or less a new postition (I know, I know he’s played as a replacement lock for us on occasion and for Manawatu but I’m talking generally here) only then to revert to his old secondary position and by no means his best position either.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

i think he will do well at 8 . Very mobile and good hands - played well for the Dev side last week and won't let anybody down .
Never tall enough or heavy enough to be a lock and Kalamofoni needs a rest anyway - Denton and Thompson injured - dead rubber - whats the problem ?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

MikeR wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:18 pm i think he will do well at 8 . Very mobile and good hands - played well for the Dev side last week and won't let anybody down .
Never tall enough or heavy enough to be a lock and Kalamofoni needs a rest anyway - Denton and Thompson injured - dead rubber - whats the problem ?
For me the issue was always does he work hard enough in defence, at the moment I'd say no. This is a great chance for him to show his worth.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Its over! :smt022 We will be overwhelmed by a sea of Red supporters next week. :smt022 :smt022