Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Only 4 points away from 3rd.

Post by Dangerous4 »

Tomvarndell wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:07 am
BigDan50 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:26 am TV, why do you dislike the wage cap from a Tigers point of view.
Just interested.
I’m not convinced it’s governed properly and certain clubs have cheated it without being sanctioned properly.
I fully concur.
+1
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:04 am
Scuttle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:31 am I always thought our inability to secure bonus points last season was a material part of not making the top 4. We seemed to win small and lose big compared to other teams. So it is interesting to note that, at the halfway stage and despite our concerns this season, we are already only one point behind our total BP tally for last season.

Note: I have searched and found 2 different figures in tables for last year. One gives us 10 BP and one 11 BP with both tables showing 22 games played so not sure which is right. I took the lower figure because it makes the story better !!
Sorry to spoil things. Looked at the Aviva Premiership site and Thikipedia and both have us with 63 pts total (and 11 BP). As there are 4 pts for a win and 2 for a draw, the only way you can have an odd points total is to have an odd number of BPs, so definitely not 10 whichever way you look at it.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was talking specifically about bonus points on their own rather than the total e.g.1 bp for 4 tries
You were clear, but I guess that I wasn't. The only way to get an odd number of total points is to have an odd number of bonus points, so it can't be 10 bonus points.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 pm
Scuttle wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:04 am

Sorry to spoil things. Looked at the Aviva Premiership site and Thikipedia and both have us with 63 pts total (and 11 BP). As there are 4 pts for a win and 2 for a draw, the only way you can have an odd points total is to have an odd number of BPs, so definitely not 10 whichever way you look at it.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was talking specifically about bonus points on their own rather than the total e.g.1 bp for 4 tries
You were clear, but I guess that I wasn't. The only way to get an odd number of total points is to have an odd number of bonus points, so it can't be 10 bonus points.
Ah yes I see what you mean now; well spotted! I still think 9 at the halfway point is a big improvement
As Good As It Gets
BigChris

Post by BigChris »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:04 am [quote=Scuttle post_id=706125 time=<a href="tel:1546770674">1546770674</a> user_id=12205]
I always thought our inability to secure bonus points last season was a material part of not making the top 4. We seemed to win small and lose big compared to other teams. So it is interesting to note that, at the halfway stage and despite our concerns this season, we are already only one point behind our total BP tally for last season.

Note: I have searched and found 2 different figures in tables for last year. One gives us 10 BP and one 11 BP with both tables showing 22 games played so not sure which is right. I took the lower figure because it makes the story better !!
[/quote]

Wouldn’t a four try draw yield 3 points (with 2 bonus points)? Therefore an odd points total without an odd number of BPs....
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

BigChris wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:48 pm
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:04 am [quote=Scuttle post_id=706125 time=<a href="tel:1546770674">1546770674</a> user_id=12205]
I always thought our inability to secure bonus points last season was a material part of not making the top 4. We seemed to win small and lose big compared to other teams. So it is interesting to note that, at the halfway stage and despite our concerns this season, we are already only one point behind our total BP tally for last season.

Wouldn’t a four try draw yield 3 points (with 2 bonus points)? Therefore an odd points total without an odd number of BPs....
[/quote]
Why is that 2 BP's? 2 for the draw plus 1 TBP. No LBP as there is no loss. Am I missing something?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

h's dad wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:10 am

Why is that 2 BP's? 2 for the draw plus 1 TBP. No LBP as there is no loss. Am I missing something?
[/quote]

I am so glad I started this bit of the thread.....
As Good As It Gets
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Scuttle wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 am
h's dad wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:10 am

I am so glad I started this bit of the thread.....
[/quote]

:smt046
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Gloucester starting to lose all their momentum.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 pm Gloucester starting to lose all their momentum.
Yep. Given a lesson by Munster tonight and quite frankly I can't see them getting anything away at Castres next week.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:36 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 pm Gloucester starting to lose all their momentum.
Yep. Given a lesson by Munster tonight and quite frankly I can't see them getting anything away at Castres next week.
That was some defence from Munster!! I hope GM and Phil Blake was watching and can instil that into the Tigers minus the few offsides on the line of course?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat