Other clubs forums

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Louis

Re: Other clubs forums

Post by Louis »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:49 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:52 pm I ask this in light of some of the utter drivel that I read on here.

Are other clubs fans forums as vicious in the criticism of their players and club as some are on here or is it a case of the Man. Utd. Syndrome and people feel we are the biggest club so therefore we should be at the top by right.
People need to realise that this has been waiting in the wings since Cockerill stayed 2 seasons longer than he should have been allowed and the following 2 appointment debacles.
Geordan needs to be given all the assistance and support we can give him and can only be judged when he has his squad and playing style in place.
I wonder if Falcons fans are calling for Richards head or Wasps Dai Youngs
Simplistic. The fault has lain with BoD complacency since 2012 refusing to do what was needed or asked for (viz RC interviews at Toulon). Their incompetence on the playing side has been redoubled IMO since BK ascended to the Board.
Two things:

1) Re: Mark62's post: There are always knockers (steady!). I.e. people who, for whatever reason, call for drastic action. Revolution over evolution. I love a good revolution, me, but I do wait until I know no other option is capable of providing the desired result. Which leads me to...

2) Re: JGriffin's post: This is by no means criticism or attack, but how do you (plural as well as singular) know so much about the board? I'm genuinely curious because I know naff all (understatement!) about in club machinations, hence why I tend to caution in my views re: change.

Is it correlation? Decline happened when X ascended to the BoD? Is it more intimate knowledge of board matters? I really want to know so I can look at this stuff myself if possible. Is it just published minutes/press releases etc? Ta! :-)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Short reply, for a period I was party to direct knowledge of the club's complacency from some players. A decline was predicted (poopoo-ed by me at the time). as a generation were leaving or retiring and the club was failing to identify and remedy problems that were evident during the last year of MOCs first tenure. The players concerned were not the 'senior players' quoted frequently, who had influence in the Board and were apparently influential in the selection of Mauger. The mayhem began at that poiht, 'coincidental' with BKs rise. Prediction of decline was accurate to some detail including the need for a defence coach, temporarily sorted by Blake. TBH I am still amazed at the accuracy of the material used in the prediction, which would've suggested MOCs failure second time round. No names as more than one player still at the club.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I don't mind what end of the spectrum posters are at,you could say that Ellis is too far one way and im too far the other. The truth as always lies somewhere inbetween. As long as posts don't attack players,club,BoD personally then I've got no problem,forums like this were invented for fans to vent their spleens,as long as none of us are booing at WR what's the problem? I do take offence when my "support" is questioned!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jgriffin could you please answer me one question (if you know) How true is the story about one group of players being the end of Cockers then another group getting their own back removing Mauger and getting MoC back? You don't have to go too much into it,I'm just interested if there's any weight to it.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Highlanders are nothing special at the moment.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:50 pm Highlanders are nothing special at the moment.
No much they are much improved on what they were
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Well Mauger is perhaps more suited to Super Rugby, his style of play would've never worked here and it showed.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:57 pm Well Mauger is perhaps more suited to Super Rugby, his style of play would've never worked here and it showed.
A very fair point there seems to be far more room for attacking play down there
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:06 am
Scuttle wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:54 am
BigDan50 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:56 am Can anyone please tell me what the role of Ben Kay is on the board, for me he seems to close to certain players and they have his ear.
I also wonder how he can use the word "they" when referring to Tigers on Rugby Tonight. I know in that moment his role is as a pundit but I think that is too easy a get-out for him and he should show some corporate responsibility and leadership....either that or get out of one job or the other.
Difficult situation for him, and similar for Dayglo. They are both non executive directors for their respective clubs, so therefore not paid, yet their role as pundits calls for them to be impartial, something I would say that One achieves a lot better than the other.
They have to pay the bills somehow
I agree it can be difficult, hence the conflict of interest principles usually applied in these situations, especially if, as a NED, he is paid; many are. I also agree that one is better than the other at being impartial and I am sure we agree which one!
As Good As It Gets