Other clubs forums

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Other clubs forums

Post by Mark62 »

I ask this in light of some of the utter drivel that I read on here.

Are other clubs fans forums as vicious in the criticism of their players and club as some are on here or is it a case of the Man. Utd. Syndrome and people feel we are the biggest club so therefore we should be at the top by right.
People need to realise that this has been waiting in the wings since Cockerill stayed 2 seasons longer than he should have been allowed and the following 2 appointment debacles.
Geordan needs to be given all the assistance and support we can give him and can only be judged when he has his squad and playing style in place.
I wonder if Falcons fans are calling for Richards head or Wasps Dai Youngs
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Other clubs forums

Post by RagingBull »

Wasps fans are.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Some Chiefs fans are calling for Baxter’s head.
Last edited by JP14 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm Some Chiefs fans are calling for Exeter’s head.
Assume you mean Baxter, but that just goes to show the ridiculous nature of the whole ball game
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:02 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm Some Chiefs fans are calling for Exeter’s head.
Assume you mean Baxter, but that just goes to show the ridiculous nature of the whole ball game
Yes, fallen foul to autocorrect, it has been edited now.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Fora! Harrumph!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm Some Chiefs fans are calling for Baxter’s head.
Those Chiefs love a scalp! :axe:
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:52 pm I ask this in light of some of the utter drivel that I read on here.

Are other clubs fans forums as vicious in the criticism of their players and club as some are on here or is it a case of the Man. Utd. Syndrome and people feel we are the biggest club so therefore we should be at the top by right.
People need to realise that this has been waiting in the wings since Cockerill stayed 2 seasons longer than he should have been allowed and the following 2 appointment debacles.
Geordan needs to be given all the assistance and support we can give him and can only be judged when he has his squad and playing style in place.
Simplistic. The fault has lain with BoD complacency since 2012 refusing to do what was needed or asked for (viz RC interviews at Toulon). Their incompetence on the playing side has been redoubled IMO since BK ascended to the Board.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Can anyone please tell me what the role of Ben Kay is on the board, for me he seems to close to certain players and they have his ear.
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:52 pm I ask this in light of some of the utter drivel that I read on here.

I don't understand how you can say Geordan needs to be given assistance and support and yet you call the appointment of Aaron Mauger a debacle. I thought under his stewardship we were gradually moving in the right direction, all he needed was a strong team around him and support from the board which he never received. I totally agree Geordan needs all the support he can get and i wish him well but it does feel that we have gone nowhere for the last 4/5 seasons.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BigDan50 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:56 am Can anyone please tell me what the role of Ben Kay is on the board, for me he seems to close to certain players and they have his ear.
He is part of the "Rugby Committee" including Rory Underwood responsible for rugby matters.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

BigDan50 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:56 am Can anyone please tell me what the role of Ben Kay is on the board, for me he seems to close to certain players and they have his ear.
I also wonder how he can use the word "they" when referring to Tigers on Rugby Tonight. I know in that moment his role is as a pundit but I think that is too easy a get-out for him and he should show some corporate responsibility and leadership....either that or get out of one job or the other.
As Good As It Gets
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

newport tiger wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:29 am

I don't understand how you can say Geordan needs to be given assistance and support and yet you call the appointment of Aaron Mauger a debacle. I thought under his stewardship we were gradually moving in the right direction, all he needed was a strong team around him and support from the board which he never received. I totally agree Geordan needs all the support he can get and i wish him well but it does feel that we have gone nowhere for the last 4/5 seasons.
It wasn’t so much his appointment more the whether or not it was interim and what support he was given and the manner in which his appointment was ended.
I’m sure with time and the right support he would have done a good job as he has shown with the Highlanders
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

As has been said he is one of 2 directors with rugby responsibility along with Rory Underwood and I believe he replaced Sir Clive Woodward who left suddenly.

There is no doubt the BoD carry a lot of responsibility for the current situation. For me they have not been the same since the departure of Peter Brace Wheeler under whose stewardship the club rose to the pinnacle of its success
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scuttle wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:54 am
I also wonder how he can use the word "they" when referring to Tigers on Rugby Tonight. I know in that moment his role is as a pundit but I think that is too easy a get-out for him and he should show some corporate responsibility and leadership....either that or get out of one job or the other.
Difficult situation for him, and similar for Dayglo. They are both non executive directors for their respective clubs, so therefore not paid, yet their role as pundits calls for them to be impartial, something I would say that One achieves a lot better than the other.
They have to pay the bills somehow