Gloucester 23

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerssteve

Re: Gloucester 23

Post by tigerssteve »

sapajo wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:10 pm
TigerMac3 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:42 pm Where does the blame lay for getting counter rucked on 4+ occasions? Is it purely the forwards for not committing in numbers, and holding strong, or the 9 for failing to communicate to those around him?

My guess is forwards complacency thinking the ball is won and not staying alert. Other than that and a still less than reliable lineout, it was so much better.

According to suicidal Steve on Radio Leicester it was us choosing not to send sufficient numbers into the ruck and I agree with him, especially when he went on to say that we need to fix it.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:26 pm Mike Williams was absolutely fantastic, his shot on Banahan will live long in the memory, I was very disappointed that Olowofela was denied a great finish, even on the big screen I struggled to see compelling evidence of a knock-on
I too thought Mike Williams 3 or 4 thumping tackles on Banahan were magnificent and kept him out of the game with several sore limbs!! Well done Mike please do not depart. :smt023
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

A really great win and a much needed bonus point, but did we play well or were they poor? I agree we are moving in the right direction, but if Gloucester had taken some of their chances it could have been a different story, so I am not getting carried away with the win. Before the trolls start, this is my view and I am not doom and glooming just looking at it with somewhat of a level head.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 am A really great win and a much needed bonus point, but did we play well or were they poor? I agree we are moving in the right direction, but if Gloucester had taken some of their chances it could have been a different story, so I am not getting carried away with the win. Before the trolls start, this is my view and I am not doom and glooming just looking at it with somewhat of a level head.
I doubt anyone is getting carried away; just enjoying a good performance and BP win. I think most games have severeal "if only", could and "maybe" moments which could swing momentum to the other team. Maybe Johnny May would have scored if he had not got cramp in that interception run for the line; if only the TMO had seen Olowefela touch down like 20,000 people in the stadium and many more watching on TV did we could have had 6 tries.
As Good As It Gets