Gloucester 23

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Gloucester 23

Post by MikeR »

Yes John , but a lot of those would be nowhere near our 1st choice 23 - and that's being charitable .
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sale 15-10 Sarries
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sale 18-13 Sarries HT
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29 pm A few of the Leicester squad not available, Tom Youngs, Spencer, Smith, Tait, Veainu, Thompson, Thompstone, Denton, Stevens, Hardwick, Fred Tuilagi and probably a few others I have not thought of.
Nice to see so many home produced players in our matchday squad.
Fred is fit and training, I was thinking he would be on the bench if Kalamafoni had failed his HIA.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No thanks JP! Would rather Williams at 8 if it came to it!!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Unlike MikeR, I would think Denton, Spencer, Vianu, Thompson and Thompstone would be in the 23 if not the first 15: Denton and Thompson bring energy to the team, are good over the ball and tackle!
This could be close in which case Slater and Bannahan could prove to be the difference!
Come on Tigers - an 80 minute performance please!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:51 pm I'm confident of a Tigers bonus point win.
Let’s hope you’re right, but I doubt many others will share that conviction!
Personally, I’d be happy with four points. And not dramatically adding to the 339 scored against us...even my diehard Saints friend was incredulous at that statistic.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:48 pm No thanks JP! Would rather Williams at 8 if it came to it!!
Well, it’s only because I saw him frequently in the training photos a lot this week, I reckon we might see him train today, which will be a first for a Prem fixture at Welford Road, though not his first he trained with the 1st team at the London Irish game. I think he’s close to a Prem debut.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well....I'm looking forward to a good game with needle and grit...
The potential is for us to break our hoodoo and play as a team.
Both sides will be missing key players, but still have squads capable of winning games. Cherry Whites have momentum, we have lack of confidence and poor skill sets.
No better time to take on Glouc. - Either a W or TBP is no more than I expect. A LBP or L is not acceptable..
cowmadiddy

Post by cowmadiddy »

It'll be good to see Eastmond come on in the back line, we are better at breaking the line with him in it and when Ben White comes on at scrum half and we get some fast ball out to the backs is when we will win the game.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Never been as nervous about a game haha!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:15 am I caught the first half hour of the Radio Leicester rugby show last night. George Chuter was on with Ian Cockerill.

I've not heard it for a few weeks, but I was quite shocked by the negativity of both Ian and Chutes. Both were very clear that we don't have enough good players with sufficient quality, especially when obvious first choices are unavailable. The obvious conclusion was that our recruitment has been poor (at best). Their concern for the 6Ns period was palpable.

I was only surprised at the comments because both Ian and Chutes are usually very positive, often following very bad results, but their obvious concern and Ian's comment that "I would take top 6 now", left me realising that we do really have a massive problem at Tigers, and Murphy has one hell of a rebuilding job to do.

I wish him well, but I felt quite dejected after that half hour listen!!
Well they're not wrong are they!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's not all doom and gloom,packs still quite good with Bateman back and Heyes looking a good prospect. Back 5 will be untouched bar Denton. Can still put a backline of
White
Toomua
Olowefella
Eastmond
Owen
Sarto
Worth

Not brilliant but we won games with Harrison/Toomua running things last season so why can't we nick a win and points here and there?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Interesting warm ups from Glaws - cricket and tennis!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Try Holmes, lovely running lines from Toomua and Holmes.

Tigers 20-6 Glaws

45 mins gone
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.