Gloucester 23

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester 23

Post by BFG »

Can't complain about the try decision near the end as to be honest I thought there were some forward passes in a couple of Leicester tries, and then Gloucester got pulled back for one from an offload after slicing the Leicester defence open at a crucial point in the match which looked fine to me.
Goes to show though just how crucial refs can be on results.
A bit like last week only the other way, I thought a couple of Bath's tries should not have been and the one ruled out should've been, and Leicester finished on the wrong end of poor decisions.
A welcome win, though the 6N period does concern me as the defence is still being sliced open regularly and without players like Ford and May and Holmes (if Halfpenny is still out with concussion) etc then I can't see where the points will come from at the moment.
Cautious optimism!
Last edited by BFG on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Our defence was excellent today, minus the blip against Gareth Owens, even if Halfpenny is out, I can only see Holmes involved for the Italian game.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:01 pm Our defence was excellent today, minus the blip against Gareth Owens, even if Halfpenny is out, I can only see Holmes involved for the Italian game.
The defence was opened up on many occasions.
Gloucester were very inaccurate.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

As long as Murphy doesn't do anything stupid like playing JF at 10 we will be ok. Toomua poses a different threat to GF as in he can break the line and is strong enough to offload in the tackle if we can get runners off him.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

A good game to watch and even the weather was warmer than expected. Delighted with 5 points and thought everyone played well. Well done Tigers that was much needed.
I'm not cynical just experienced
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

More concerned with who will play 13 when the AIs kick in. M Smith would have done a solid if not spectacular job, but with him out I’d worry that the only other option is G Owen. And to be honest, whilst he looks ok ball in hand, defensively he is absolutely pish
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Depending how Sarto goes Olowofela at to 13 and him on the wing?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 pm Depending how Sarto goes Olowofela at to 13 and him on the wing?
Worth, Owen, Eastmond and Sam Apsland Robinson can all play 13 too
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Toomua's no-look pass for the try was sublime, even more so on second viewing. Where has that been all season?
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Didn’t knowing Olowofela could cover 13 too. Here’s hoping Sarto gets up to speed quickly. Given his physicality would prefer him over TV Snr.

Completely unrelated. Where does the blame lay for getting counter rucked on 4+ occasions? Is it purely the forwards for not committing in numbers, and holding strong, or the 9 for failing to communicate to those around him?

Either way highlighted the lack of beef in our pack I thought
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

cheltexile wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm Toomua's no-look pass for the try was sublime, even more so on second viewing. Where has that been all season?
Was good wasn't it!
If Cips had done that then they would lay out the red carpet!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

cheltexile wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm Toomua's no-look pass for the try was sublime, even more so on second viewing. Where has that been all season?
Fabulous. A class player back on form. Crying shame he is leaving at the end of this season.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

On an unrelated note,I'm watching R92 scrum decimate Toulon's and statistically it's the best scrum in Europe. They didn't get any change out of us in both games so you have to wonder how good ours really is!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:30 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 pm Depending how Sarto goes Olowofela at to 13 and him on the wing?
Worth, Owen, Eastmond and Sam Apsland Robinson can all play 13 too
I'd leave Olowofela on the left wing to settle into senior rugby after his best game for the first XV today.

Hopefully Aspland-Robinson will emerge as a decent full back option if he stays fit. He's got good footballing skills and pace to burn.

Worth at 13 could be a good options with the back three being reinforced by Sarto, Varndell and SAR returning to fitness.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I guess we see whether there are any more changes to the ERCC squad (if we have any left). Aspland-Robinson is registered so is an option perhaps (maybe giving May the weekend off?). I’d be tempted to start with Toomua-Eastmond at 10-12. It’d be a good time to try now rather than as a new combo in a GP match.