Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester 23

Post by Scott1 »

Bath beaten by awful reffing :smt005 Karmas a female dog
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Great result, probably the best game I've seen YBY play in a tigers shirt for some time. He was committed in attack and defence, it was good to see. Coles tackling was immense, even if he did give away a high tackle. Not a poor performance out there, Evans and Olo slotted back in and looked settled.

TMO was hit and miss but after last week we deserved a break which we got. Olo was robbed but that falls into the miss bucket.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:15 pm Bath beaten by awful reffing :smt005 Karmas a female dog
Any details on the awful reffing? In a format easily digestible by an old fart extracting Remy from a Gloucester fan.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not so much awful but he kept resetting the scrum and binning Bath players when he could've put them out of their misery with a penalty try much earlier.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Heyes is going to be one hell of a player. Natural scrummager and throws his weight around. Another strong cameo from the youngster.

Bateman coming back takes some pressure off Genge as well.

The decision to switch May to the right wing was largely overlooked but payed off well with Olowofela looking much more comfortable on the left. Astute selection from Geordie there. There's no replacement for pace in the back three.

I thought Evans had a strong game as well. I really hope he keeps starting big games at 7 and signs a long term contract. Young, home grown player, in a key position who nearly always makes a positive contributions.
Louis

Post by Louis »

I am not disappointed (and am also £40 richer).

I thought we were the best team on the park by a decent margin. With all Gloucester's nightmare handling errors, I thought they were Tigers of recent months.

Olowofela's (disallowed) try was great. The two angles I saw, one was a definite try, the other (head on) looked a bit more iffy in terms of ball control, but if it was my (exceedingly biased) fiver on it, I'd have given it.

Lineout even worked. Practically miraculous. Not everything was perfect, but a respectable scoreline, a reasonable defence, can't argue too much. Onward and upward.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Much better performance today by all senior player, personally thought Mike Williams was mom, his best game for a long while, stong carrying and in defence, also from Kitchener, Youngs , Toomua and Fitzgerald. The young lads stepping up aswell Evans played well, olowofela’s best senior game with a great finish (robbed), Kerr 100% line out it’s been a long time since one of our hookers have achieved that, and Hayes is definitely a future star, wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t become one of Jones apprentice player before to long.
We had this before this season then fallen apart in the next game, it’s just a shame that it’s Europe next week which is dead rubber for us, so no really chance to back the performance up, don’t want to risk losing players for the six nations period when we’ll already lose quite a few.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Delighted with the win! I missed a lot of the match due to a :censored: internet connection but a wbp is a real shot in the arm at the right time. I wonder who will play in the two European games before the serious stuff starts again at the end of the month. Does Murphy rest some key players and give playing opportunities to others or stick with this team with view to some continuity? I’ll go with the first option. Oh. and that tmo should be relieved of his duties forthwith !
Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mike Williams was absolutely fantastic, his shot on Banahan will live long in the memory, I was very disappointed that Olowofela was denied a great finish, even on the big screen I struggled to see compelling evidence of a knock-on
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’ve just rewatched it on BT Sport, Healey was right, that decision was utter rubbish.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes Robespierre we are out of Europe,let's rest the big guns and put some combinations together of guys who will be starting during the 6n. I know people are saying momentum but that means nothing if we win both European games but go into that period cold.
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Really don't understand the TMO decision for the Olowofela try - there were good angles to look at but the resolution of the footage was abysmal, how he came to the conclusion he lost control of the ball was beyond me. You could barely even make out his hand!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:30 pm Yes Robespierre we are out of Europe,let's rest the big guns and put some combinations together of guys who will be starting during the 6n. I know people are saying momentum but that means nothing if we win both European games but go into that period cold.
Great, lets put the fringe players in for the next couple of weeks and pick up a few injuries. Play the internationals and if they do get injured they have the Six Nations to get fit.....only loss for England and their worry. Need wins to build confidence and would like to see a full strength side put out and the fringe players introduced later in the game.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's a fine line Tigerbeat,we could maybe play some at Scarlets,go out with a bang at home to Ulster with our strongest team then play a 6N playerless team v Saints in the PRC? Front row and halfback combinations especially important imo
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well never going to complain about a bonus point win even though many of the tactical/technical errors were still evident.

Holmes impresses me more and more, MotM for me, and Heyes looks a good prospect.

Pity we've got two dead rubbers over the next two weekends but I'd like Tigers to make a statement by winning both.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.