Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Dave Ward incident

Post by JP14 »

What’s everyone’s opinion on this?

In my view, it’s been a bit blown out of proportion, I’ve not seen the spitting so I can’t comment on that but the stamp was hardly a stamp and the way in which Thomas Young reacted the pair should’ve been yellow carded too.

People are also in flames about his earlier neckroll, I’m sorry but if he ends up getting banned for that too that is just bordering on disgraceful, the whole Exeter and Sale team should get banned too if that happens.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Dave Ward incident

Post by TigerMac3 »

The neck roll is exactly that, a hugely inconsistent area that only gets picked up on dependent on who’s Sir any given week. The stamp is out of order, but again, happens week in week out, the majority unpunished. He should be made an example of for the spit though. No place for it.

Also, as a side point, he’s a general scumbag. Have him in my ‘Scumbag XI’ alongside C Clark.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:53 am The neck roll is exactly that, a hugely inconsistent area that only gets picked up on dependent on who’s Sir any given week. The stamp is out of order, but again, happens week in week out, the majority unpunished. He should be made an example of for the spit though. No place for it.

Also, as a side point, he’s a general scumbag. Have him in my ‘Scumbag XI’ alongside C Clark.
XI, don't you mean XV. I'm interested in your scumbag XV, is all time or current players?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Would Neil Back be in your scumbag XV for assaulting a referee?
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

XV not XI, apologies.

I’d yet to fill all other positions if honest. Although Yoann Huget, Msr Bastareaud and Duncan McRae would all be pushing for selection. Neil Back is exempt from selection due to the fact that he remains my all time favourite Tiger.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Will say one thing though,it was a poor spectacle compared to Chiefs v Stains the night before!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bakkies Botha? Schalk Burger?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:01 am
TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:53 am The neck roll is exactly that, a hugely inconsistent area that only gets picked up on dependent on who’s Sir any given week. The stamp is out of order, but again, happens week in week out, the majority unpunished. He should be made an example of for the spit though. No place for it.

XI, don't you mean XV. I'm interested in your scumbag XV, is all time or current players?
Maybe you could have a Scumbag Legends XV for past players?
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:18 am Bakkies Botha? Schalk Burger?
Can we get some All Blacks in there?
Umaga and Mealamu for their assault on O’Driscoll.
Jamie Joseph for his “welcome” to Kieran Bracken?
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

So it's ok for Tigers players to assault someone but not ok for other teams players, bit one eyed.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

teds wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:29 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:18 am Bakkies Botha? Schalk Burger?
Can we get some All Blacks in there?
Umaga and Mealamu for their assault on O’Driscoll.
Jamie Joseph for his “welcome” to Kieran Bracken?
Duncan Macrae for his shameless attack on Ronan O'Gara?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Back on topic neck roll was a penalty no more. He didn’t stamp on his ankle he put his foot on his ankle deliberately big difference and yellow card correct decision

HOWEVER

He did spit on him before the ankle there is absolute proof of it, Andy Goodes twitter feed, there is no excuse for this, it is disgusting, completely outside the bounds of common decency and an awful example for youngsters.
For that alone he should get 6 weeks then exacerbating it by treading on his ankle should be in creased to 8.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Martin Johnsons knee into the back of a prone Duncan McRae?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Does Deano get a pass for sparking the supposedly hardest man in Wales? :smt002
I wouldn't class that as dirty
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Did you know that Shields is 0-7 in a Wasps shirt?!