Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Diamond in trouble?

Post by BFG »

DingDong wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:52 pm
fortysix wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:34 pm If you live by the sword, you can die by it as well. 50/50 in this case.
Brilliant! so a journo criticises in writing someone for legitimate reasons and its ok to respond with threats of violence?

The article was a constructive and independent view with plenty of evidence to support it, and you're suggesting he should die by the sword? JP14 suggests he deserved to be threatened with violence, and Jgriffin also thinks it was well deserved to be threatened with violence, for what? for publicly criticising and exposing an alleged bully. Have you read the original article? And how do you suggest bullies should be challenged democratically?
Maybe a DoR in control (or trying) could be misjudged as a bully!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

yes when I get accused of bullying by someone the first thing I do next time I see them is try to physically intimidate them...

Diamond has produced impressive onfield results but that doesn't mean his methods cannot be seen as bullying to an outside observer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:21 pm yes when I get accused of bullying by someone the first thing I do next time I see them is try to physically intimidate them...

Diamond has produced impressive onfield results but that doesn't mean his methods cannot be seen as bullying to an outside observer
Have you publicly been accused of bullying?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BFG wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:36 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:21 pm yes when I get accused of bullying by someone the first thing I do next time I see them is try to physically intimidate them...

not to my knowledge and I am a supervisor at my workplace, my comment was questioning the judgement and sense of someone reacting that way
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:50 pm

not to my knowledge and I am a supervisor at my workplace, my comment was questioning the judgement and sense of someone reacting that way
I don't know how anyone can know how it feels to be accused then, other than someone on the receiving end of a similar accusation.
It looks like he may have been a bit angry about it.
Diamond is a Northern lad and former front row player, confrontation kind of comes with the territory.
I'm sure that he isn't a bad person, it's not like he's robbing old ladies of their life savings or anything.
The press do mind games very well, it sells!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BFG wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:04 pm
I don't know how anyone can know how it feels to be accused then, other than someone on the receiving end of a similar accusation.
Diamond is a Northern lad and former front row player, confrontation kind of comes with the territory.
Im sure that he isn't a bad person, it's not like he's robbing old ladies of their life savings or anything.
so all Northerners react by offering people outside when upset over it? he is a grown man in a position of power and responsibility, there is no way he got there by being so emotionally unintelligent that he instantly goes to violence at an accusation, the people that tend to react that way to the accusation of bullying are in fact bullies
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:07 pm

Im sure that he isn't a bad person, it's not like he's robbing old ladies of their life savings or anything.
so all Northerners react by offering people outside when upset over it? he is a grown man in a position of power and responsibility, there is no way he got there by being so emotionally unintelligent that he instantly goes to violence at an accusation, the people that tend to react that way to the accusation of bullying are in fact bullies
Now that's not what I wrote is it! :smt018
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BFG wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:12 pm

it was heavily implied otherwise why would you mention him being a northerner?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:15 pm
You left out a very important part of my sentence (former front row player) and naughtily tried to attribute my comment to Northern society in general! :smt018
It's common sense that if you upset him then he'll want to have it out in person at the first opportunity.
The reporter lit a match to start a fire, as the saying goes!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BFG wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:23 pm
You left out a very important part of my sentence (former front row player) and naughtily tried to attribute my comment to Northern society in general! :smt018
It's common sense that if you upset him then he'll want to have it out in person at the first opportunity.
there is a big difference between having it out with someone by arguing with them and asking them to go outside for a fight, the former is an understandable and reason response to an accusation of bullying latter is a pretty strong indicator that the accusations are true
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:39 pm

there is a big difference between having it out with someone by arguing with them and asking them to go outside for a fight, the former is an understandable and reason response to an accusation of bullying latter is a pretty strong indicator that the accusations are true
Well the only thing it indicates to me is that Diamond was angry about the accusation!
I think I might be angry if I was falsely accused!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

As the saying goes

Don't get angry, get a lawyer.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BFG wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:43 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:39 pm
Well the only thing it indicates to me is that Diamond was angry about the accusation!
I think I might be angry if I was falsely accused!
I also suspect you'd be smart enough not to go and stand over him trying to physically intimidate them are they worked whilst asking them to go outside and have a "proper chat like men".

I've seen people accused of bullying when they weren't they got angry and they walked out and went home they didn't try to instigate a fight with their accuser, the only people I have ever seen do that are school bullies
drc_007 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:45 pm As the saying goes

exactly, the accusing article was published in September he had literally months to take legal recourse, which I would do if I was publicly slandered/libeled (not sure which it is as I get them confused) by a journalist
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

drc_007 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:45 pm As the saying goes

I never wrote that all former front row players were smart! :smt047
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Clearly the man portrays all of the characteristics of a typical bully.

It is often the case when bullies are placed in a position of power in an organisation, where they dictate everyday to their underlings how things are to be done, that they believe they can extend their power in other areas as they wish. Trump is a perfect example of this where he believes he has absolute power and all who oppose have to go.

From his record he has good rugby knowledge and he has done well for Sale but as a person...... :smt009

Only time will tell whether or not he will be taken to task for what I believe to be despicable actions.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!