Diamond in trouble?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Diamond in trouble?

Post by BFG »

Unbelievable, this bloke played well over 300 games and in the front row for Sale and is being made out to be a person who only intimidates weaker people.
The typical bully doesn't manage over 300 rugby matches let alone in the front row.
He is a competitive rugby bloke, that's the way some are made.
All because of some reporter trying to make a story and name.
It may not have been the best reaction, but there is no doubt that he was baited.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I have now read the original article and think it unlikely that legal action against the journalist or his paper would achieve anything more than make money for lawyers and the press are usually well covered in the area of libel accusations. Rugby is a game played by rough, tough men and shrinking violets have no place in a Premiership squad. Diamond is probably not the most diplomatic of men but he was a pretty good hooker, a position noted for abrasive characters, and has kept his previously poorly financed team in the top division by managing them well. The journalist comes across to me as an unpleasant character and a bit of a snivelling, bullying creep who thinks he can say what he likes about someone with no comeback. Diamond should not have implied that he would meet the reporter outside for a fight but it was an honest response even if misguided.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

If Diamond, as a person in a very public role, can't take a newspaper article criticising him then he's going to have a very unhappy and angry life. It's the nature of the role and reacting like he did will only exacerbate it.

Being a prop or northern is no excuse for behaving the way he did. Typical old-fashioned rugby attitudes. Would it have been less acceptable if he was a full back from Sussex? Ridiculous.

How many people in the public eye were criticised by the media in the last year? How many reacted by offering a journalist outside and verbally abusing him? Diamond needs to grow up.

I've been told by a third party that I'm not very good at my job. Did I offer to fight them? No, because that would be ****ing stupid.

If we all resorted to threats of violence and verbal abuse when someone else was trying to wind us up, the world would be... a school playground.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:47 am If Diamond, as a person in a very public role, can't take a newspaper article criticising him then he's going to have a very unhappy and angry life. It's the nature of the role and reacting like he did will only exacerbate it.

Being a prop or northern is no excuse for behaving the way he did. Typical old-fashioned rugby attitudes. Would it have been less acceptable if he was a full back from Sussex? Ridiculous.

How many people in the public eye were criticised by the media in the last year? How many reacted by offering a journalist outside and verbally abusing him? Diamond needs to grow up.

I've been told by a third party that I'm not very good at my job. Did I offer to fight them? No, because that would be ****ing stupid.

If we all resorted to threats of violence and verbal abuse when someone else was trying to wind us up, the world would be... a school playground.
The world would be a better place without lies and troublemakers.
Diamond took a stand against someone who had wronged him, it was no small thing to a character like Diamond to be accused of bullying, but to not expect a fight back from a character like Diamond who has spent his entire life standing up for himself, and then brand him a bully for doing it, is extremely naïve and manipulative.
Diamond is an honest character.
Manipulative people disgust me.
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

There are some good full backs in Sussex just no Premiership Clubs