Reffing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lutontiger

Reffing

Post by Lutontiger »

Interesting- Maxwell-Keys is refereeing today’s game, Quins vs Wasps, after running the line in our game against Quins last week. Is that a new strategy of forewarned is forearmed? I’ve not noticed it before. When I saw him running the line last week, I thought he might’ve been put on the naughty step or needing re-training!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Reffing

Post by Mark62 »

To be fair to him he’s having a very good game. His communication with players and his team is much improved
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:12 pm To be fair to him he’s having a very good game. His communication with players and his team is much improved
Famous last words...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:53 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:12 pm To be fair to him he’s having a very good game. His communication with players and his team is much improved
Famous last words...
Not sure what you mean. Hairy queens deserved their win and Wasps were poor.
If you’re talking about the Ward incident the tmo bought the stamp to his attention and would surely have mentioned the spitting if he’d seen it
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Talking about refs, good to see ex-Tiger Frank Murphy being entrusted with the Munster - Leinster "derby" this afternoon. It wasn't a match without incident either! :smt001
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:08 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:53 pm
Famous last words...
Not sure what you mean. Hairy queens deserved their win and Wasps were poor.
If you’re talking about the Ward incident the tmo bought the stamp to his attention and would surely have mentioned the spitting if he’d seen it
While I agree on the relative performances of the teams, sir seemed rather keener to hold Wasps to the laws than 'quins. To give one example, Daly throws the ball down in frustration; gets scrum for Wasps turned into penalty for 'quins, Marler gives direct chat back (if my ears didn't receive me including the word oi); final final final final warning to him via his captain.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere