Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:07 pm Yes,those Manchester giants looked like theyve pipped us!
Ah well.
Ah well, just another missed opportunity to sign some quality players. Bit like Santiago Cordero I guess, just another proven player we’ve failed to capture. I’m sure they’ll probably smash it next season for Sale when we wallow in the bottom 6.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

:smt017
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Nothing to fear from Sale, bit like Quims..
Stains Glos and Barth not so sure.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:21 pm
ellis9 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:17 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:07 pm Yes,those Manchester giants looked like theyve pipped us!
Ah well.
Ah well, just another missed opportunity to sign some quality players. Bit like Santiago Cordero I guess, just another proven player we’ve failed to capture. I’m sure they’ll probably smash it next season for Sale when we wallow in the bottom 6.
So just the 4 then. Not bad.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Huw Jones,LCD
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Tommy Taylor
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

So you're 100% certain that Tigers actually were in the running to sign these players and it wasn't just paper talk?
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

It would just be nice to know if Tigers are in the running to sign any players of quality.

Which of our back five players would be first choice for ANY of the other premiership teams. No doubt someone will argue the place for x or y individual player (probably Denton or Thompson) at Newcastle or Worcester. But, has any coach anywhere in top class sport ever been confirmed into their role having an 'interim' coaching record of Played 8 Lost 8.

We then look to bolster the coaching set up by re-appointing a defence coach who was fired for betting on his own club, and fired again in his second season with his next club. Evidently the attraction of Blake is that he is available, knows the club and lives locally. Presumably there is a reason why is is available? And to cap it all we then look to re-sign a former room mate of the now Played 10 Won 1 Head Coach. I know I will be lambasted for being so negative. But................ Why would any quality players want to sign for Tigers?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Traveller wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 amI know I will be lambasted for being so negative. But................ Why would any quality players want to sign for Tigers?
The warmth and adulation of the warmhearted fans of course.........
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Traveller wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 am It would just be nice to know if Tigers are in the running to sign any players of quality.

Which of our back five players would be first choice for ANY of the other premiership teams. No doubt someone will argue the place for x or y individual player (probably Denton or Thompson) at Newcastle or Worcester. But, has any coach anywhere in top class sport ever been confirmed into their role having an 'interim' coaching record of Played 8 Lost 8.
As one we’ll known podcast said this week, Wasps would probably take Thompson back in a heartbeat.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Traveller wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 am It would just be nice to know if Tigers are in the running to sign any players of quality.

We then look to bolster the coaching set up by re-appointing a defence coach who was fired for betting on his own club, and fired again in his second season with his next club. Evidently the attraction of Blake is that he is available, knows the club and lives locally. Presumably there is a reason why is is available? And to cap it all we then look to re-sign a former room mate of the now Played 10 Won 1 Head Coach. I know I will be lambasted for being so negative. But................ Why would any quality players want to sign for Tigers?
I'd say we are bringing Blake back as with him as defence coach last time, we only conceded 39 tries in 22 matches, which was the best in the league. Of course, people choose to ignore that fact and yet again, find something to moan about.

I would say happy new year but it seems as though some people are never happy! :smt023
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

^ Don’t let facts get in the way of a good moan! :smt003
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Facts v Moans. So answer the question.

When was the last time in any professional sport that an interim Head Coach / Player manager had their appointment confirmed having a record of Played 8 Lost 8. It isn't moaning. It's just a fact. Now Played 10 Lost 9. I don't blame Murphy at all. Good luck to him. I know he adores the club and I greatly admire him as a person. It is the chaos that is above him which does really angers me.

Again which of our first choice back five forwards - our entire 8 - would be first choice selections for the first choice squads of Exeter, Saracens, Gloucester, Wasps, Bath.

It just seems incomprehensible to me that Cohen and Glynn are still in role. They should have been marched out of Welford Road months ago.

I do take the point that we desperately need a defence coach and Blake did do a good job last time around with us.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Traveller wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:12 pm Facts v Moans. So answer the question.

When was the last time in any professional sport that an interim Head Coach / Player manager had their appointment confirmed having a record of Played 8 Lost 8. It isn't moaning. It's just a fact. Now Played 10 Lost 9. I don't blame Murphy at all. Good luck to him. I know he adores the club and I greatly admire him as a person. It is the chaos that is above him which does really angers me.

Again which of our first choice back five forwards - our entire 8 - would be first choice selections for the first choice squads of Exeter, Saracens, Gloucester, Wasps, Bath.

It just seems incomprehensible to me that Cohen and Glynn are still in role. They should have been marched out of Welford Road months ago.

I do take the point that we desperately need a defence coach and Blake did do a good job last time around with us.
So true, it’s not moaning, it’s the simple truth. I agree that Blake should be the defence coach and with the noises coming out the camp from the players, we didn’t have much choice in appointing Murphy as head coach as they’d had enough of the coaching merry go round. Fair enough.

But the forwards pack is embarrassing in comparison to past units. The front row we can still be proud of, with Genge being our best forward. But where are the rumours of us being linked to any forwards of note? Hoping we still get Dan Du Preez, that would be a start at least, both the twins would be an upgrade on what we have. But by the sounds of it Sale have been chosen over us. If that’s true then we are in dire straits (great band).
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

It really does seem unbelievable that Cohen and Glynn are allowed anywhere near Welford Road, let alone on the flipping Board. You couldn't make it up.