LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:13 pm Gutted! Another skillful player gone. Hope Reffell and Gough step up. Smith is on the market then,both won't go to Quins. Let's hope we sign him!
Maybe Evans is one of the players who is sick of the negative fans comments so wants to leave. You should be pleased he is leaving if that's the case as according to you, this would mean he hasn't got the "Rugby balls" to be playing at this level.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:30 pm Speaking to a agent mate the other day and Ironically he says that the fans are starting to make it a bit harder for Tigers signing players to some extent.
I asked him surely that's the case for most, but apparently in terms of social media are support is that much bigger it's a lot more visible.

Interesting perspective on it.
Although £ and playing still the main factor little things can hurt it seems.
Not surprising is it really when people just aren't happy with anything and moan at everything.

Well done you lot! Seems like all of the moaning about people and things that are apparently ruining our club, you are doing that very thing by keeping players away as they don't want to be associated to a club that has a load of moaners as supporters.

I'm sure you're pleased with yourselves!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:25 pm Would the likes of Worth and Evans really want to leave? Having Murphy in charge they will know opportunities will come, unlike in the past.
Evans has had a lot of bad luck with injury, but has Worth really kicked-on and improved massively from his numerous appearances as a 20 year old two seasons ago?
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

You have to ask why the likes of Evans weren't signed up before December 31st. Unless he's not seen as part of the future.

Owen, Worth, Williams, Kitchener, Fitzgerald, O'Connor, Evans, Mapalangi all linked with moves away. Throw Toomua (confirmed), Tait (likely to retire) and Joe Ford (you'd imagine wouldn't be retained, although if I was a betting man I'd bet on him having already renewed) and that's 10 out. Manu is yet to sign, Thompstone out of contract too and am I the only one really worried about Denton?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TTRITH wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:04 am am I the only one really worried about Denton?
Short or long-term. GM indicated he was possibly going to be ready for Ulster.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 am
TTRITH wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:04 am am I the only one really worried about Denton?
Short or long-term. GM indicated he was possibly going to be ready for Ulster.
Long term as it tends to be after a bad concussion, they become more frequent.
Richard Burnett
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:19 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:30 pm Speaking to a agent mate the other day and Ironically he says that the fans are starting to make it a bit harder for Tigers signing players to some extent.
I asked him surely that's the case for most, but apparently in terms of social media are support is that much bigger it's a lot more visible.

Not surprising is it really when people just aren't happy with anything and moan at everything.

Well done you lot! Seems like all of the moaning about people and things that are apparently ruining our club, you are doing that very thing by keeping players away as they don't want to be associated to a club that has a load of moaners as supporters.

I'd have thought that the performance and attitude of the players on the pitch would have a far greater impact on possible recruits.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

from what i've seen on other boards we seem to be reasonably level headed with our criticism...

hopefully there will be some anouncements soon...
cheers
Rich
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rykard wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:20 am from what i've seen on other boards we seem to be reasonably level headed with our criticism...

hopefully there will be some anouncements soon...
I'd agree with this.
I can only think of Manu as being wrongly the target for criticism and mocking on social media during injury, which was unfair in my opinion considering how he was used mainly as a battering ram from a very young age and the fact that he is clearly Leicester's best attacking player.

I also think it slightly concerning that people who comment and get rumours going on here and elsewhere (and done it without foundation for a long time) have a mate who is an agent!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

drc_007 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:32 am
ellis9 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:19 pm

I'd have thought that the performance and attitude of the players on the pitch would have a far greater impact on possible recruits.
Supporters negative comments have played a part too by the sounds of it.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Attwood said to be leaving Bath end of the season and wants to stay in the Gallagher premiership. Maybe worth a look at, would definitely bolster the pack, old school lock.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 am Attwood said to be leaving Bath end of the season and wants to stay in the Gallagher premiership. Maybe worth a look at, would definitely bolster the pack, old school lock.
Thought he'd go back to Toulon.

I'd have him here in a heartbeat. Spencer, Green, Attwood and Wells is a good set of locks.
Richard Burnett
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 am Attwood said to be leaving Bath end of the season and wants to stay in the Gallagher premiership. Maybe worth a look at, would definitely bolster the pack, old school lock.
Everyone is saying Sale.
Great player though no idea why Bath didn't try a bit harder to keep him, I know Ewels and Stooke are doing well but still.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 am
Everyone is saying Sale.
Great player though no idea why Bath didn't try a bit harder to keep him, I know Ewels and Stooke are doing well but still.
Attwood, and Du Preez.

May take a while to bed in the 15 odd players Sale are set to bring in, but once they do, they'll be a real force.

Would be shocked if weve not at least spoke to him.
Richard Burnett
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

TTRITH wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:53 am
Thought he'd go back to Toulon.

I'd have him here in a heartbeat. Spencer, Green, Attwood and Wells is a good set of locks.
I’d take that as a pool of locks everyday of the week.