LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by RagingBull »

BOC, Fitz and Williams all going would make more sense of the rumours about all the Du Preez brothers coming.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Incoming but I'd rather lose BoC than Evans now Thompson is here if we get the DP brothers. Reffell is a top prospect too
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:49 am BOC, Fitz and Williams all going would make more sense of the rumours about all the Du Preez brothers coming.
Du Preez to be the new Tigers family, now the Tuilagi production line seems to have come to an end? :smt026
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

The only issue I have if the 3 of them left is we have to replace them, meaning more new faces, less continuity and a merry go round of players again. We need less movement of players and more stability.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:55 am The only issue I have if the 3 of them left is we have to replace them, meaning more new faces, less continuity and a merry go round of players again. We need less movement of players and more stability.
I think that this is probably the best time for a clearout. If the board are serious about backing Geordan, let him build his squad (reluctantly with Geds input). We were earlier linked with Sam Carter from Brumbies. Add the rumoured Leitigaga as well, the term light-weight is one that you wouldn't be able to use with our pack anymore.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

TTRITH wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:59 am
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:55 am The only issue I have if the 3 of them left is we have to replace them, meaning more new faces, less continuity and a merry go round of players again. We need less movement of players and more stability.
I think that this is probably the best time for a clearout. If the board are serious about backing Geordan, let him build his squad (reluctantly with Geds input). We were earlier linked with Sam Carter from Brumbies. Add the rumoured Leitigaga as well, the term light-weight is one that you wouldn't be able to use with our pack anymore.
I see your point, but it just means another season of building. I think I heard during the Exeter v Sarries game they have hardly any turn over. Just hope the replacements are upgrades.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:51 am Incoming but I'd rather lose BoC than Evans now Thompson is here if we get the DP brothers. Reffell is a top prospect too
Agreed, Du Preez brothers would be great signings. Plus the academy backrowers of Evans, Lewis and Reffell getting more gametime would be worth shedding O’Connor, Fitz and Williams, all of which have had fitness issues.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Trouble is the squad does need upgrading.
Exeter and Saracens have built their squad over time and don't need to really make many adjustments.
Tigers are not in that position currently.

Gloucester have shown turnover can work if you bring in better players, which is something we haven't been doing.
25tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 25tiger »

Looking very thin in the backs especially with Toomua off and Ford at the World Cup. As we seem to be linked with ex players, would love to see us bring Hepetema back in on a short term at the start of next season, always thought he has great potential despite the bad luck with injuries and hearing good stuff from reports at London Irish.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

TTRITH wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:17 am
RagingBull wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:10 am Quins forum reckon Charlie Walker is off to us.
Would be very happy with that.

Sounds like they think it's happening today. (I.e. Mid season)
Crickey.

Injury cover for Telusa maybe?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I always remember Evans schooling of Kvesic in his debut, fantastic performance. Hope his injury troubles are over because he could be a top player. Iirc his stats always look like 10 carries for 50 metres,12ish tackles and 2/3 turnovers. He's a bit off now coming back but that's to be expected. BoC is a fantastic player,could really have been picked for England but you have to have one eye on the future and I'd hate to lose Evans.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:03 pm I see your point, but it just means another season of building. I think I heard during the Exeter v Sarries game they have hardly any turn over. Just hope the replacements are upgrades.
I remember reading somewhere that players take on average 3 years to settle into a "new" club.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Don't quote me on this because it's just a feeling but I think we will lose Reffell to a Welsh club soon.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

That's always the worry with Reffell and Costelow.
Back row we are fine in IMO, Costelow would be a bigger loss.

Personally I don't think Reffell will leave for another couple of seasons at least, but time will tell.
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Where did the Du Preez brothers' rumour come from? Can't find any link or mention other than this forum? Jean Luc has been playing some good stuff for Sale, if not lucky to get away without getting a card at the weekend.