LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 4

Post by Scott1 »

Ah bless! If that's the case then RB I don't want them here! Wendyballers get way,way more stick and still go out and perform,I'm not condoning it but if you haven't got the testicular fortitude to deal with a bit of online grief then you're in the wrong sport!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wendyballers also get paid a lot more.
Ironically it could well be the players who are performing that could that might leave because of it.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:15 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:35 am
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:28 am

If Worth was to leave I wouldn't be too upset, his greatest strength is his ability to play across the backs but I think we have better players coming through in the academy who cover those positions (Steward, Du Rant, Dunn), I'm also not sure he's a like for like replacement but maybe Wasps are having to stick to a tighter budget now
Not sure Dunn will be with us.
That would be a shame, are any of the other academy centres showing promise or is it just Du Rant
Dickinson looks good as well.
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Surely Fissler is talking pish again. Imagine swapping Willie Le Roux for George Worth...
Last edited by TigerMac3 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm Surely Fissler is talking push again. Imagine swapping Willie Le Roux for George Worth...
I imagine he means wasps just want to sign Worth, could see him being more a Curtis replacement.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:30 pm Speaking to a agent mate the other day and Ironically he says that the fans are starting to make it a bit harder for Tigers signing players to some extent.
I asked him surely that's the case for most, but apparently in terms of social media are support is that much bigger it's a lot more visible.

Interesting perspective on it.
Although £ and playing still the main factor little things can hurt it seems.
That doesn’t surprise me at all to be honest.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 am George Worth ----> Wasps as Le Roux replacement????? according to TRP
If Worth was to leave I wouldn't be too upset, his greatest strength is his ability to play across the backs but I think we have better players coming through in the academy who cover those positions (Steward, Du Rant, Dunn), I'm also not sure he's a like for like replacement but maybe Wasps are having to stick to a tighter budget now
Players that have yet to play any senior rugby. Have they even managed A league action? If Worth goes this summer then those players at what 19 aren't going to seamlessly step up. Ideally we'd want Worth for at least a couple more years so that we have the cover and then if those young guns force their way through were in a strong position. Otherwise we have to go and find a utility back and convince them to join and when all is said and done they'll be here for a contract (probably costing more) and they won't be playing for their team like Worth would be.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

anz3001 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:30 pm Speaking to a agent mate the other day and Ironically he says that the fans are starting to make it a bit harder for Tigers signing players to some extent.
I asked him surely that's the case for most, but apparently in terms of social media are support is that much bigger it's a lot more visible.

Interesting perspective on it.
Although £ and playing still the main factor little things can hurt it seems.
That doesn’t surprise me at all to be honest.
I would suggest that the Media don't help! Todays Headline in the DT Sport. "Tigers' 'worst' season slumps to a fresh low" followed by Geordan's comment "We were 5% off off, I cant put my finger on why". Really, did it have anything to do with selection. Allowing Ken Owens to run all over us, whilst playing out of position at 8, was diabolical, he showed aggression that we can only dream of!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Although I tend to agree with most of your posts Ellis (being an optimist ) I do think that Ben Young’s is the weak link in our back line due to the time it takes him to get the ball away and the inaccuracy /speed of his pass.
A2O
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Will Evans is leaving for Quins. Assume this might be common knowledge, not looked about. But if not, he’s going. Confirmed
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

MrPartridge wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:28 pm Will Evans is leaving for Quins. Assume this might be common knowledge, not looked about. But if not, he’s going. Confirmed
Confirmed by whom?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Did anyone notice the little snippet on page 41 of the rugby times stating categorically that we have signed Calum Green ?
A2O
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

The Daily Wail are reporting that Owen is off to Newcastle - potential Championship side if we do not improve quickly. Mike Williams the "laid back" tackler & yellow carder off to Bath and Mapapalangi off to France. After yesterdays game I wish they would leave sooner.

Quote - "Leicester are preparing to clear the decks this summer, with Gareth Owen, Mike Williams and Valentino Mapapalangi set to leave. Centre Owen is expected to join Newcastle, flanker Williams has agreed terms with Bath and lock Mapapalangi is set for a move to France." :smt039
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:41 pm The Daily Wail are reporting that Owen is off to Newcastle - potential Championship side if we do not improve quickly. Mike Williams the "laid back" tackler & yellow carder off to Bath and Mapapalangi off to France. After yesterdays game I wish they would leave sooner.

Quote - "Leicester are preparing to clear the decks this summer, with Gareth Owen, Mike Williams and Valentino Mapapalangi set to leave. Centre Owen is expected to join Newcastle, flanker Williams has agreed terms with Bath and lock Mapapalangi is set for a move to France." :smt039
Good news without sounding too harsh! Yesterday’s game showed none of them are good enough to wear the shirt.

People saying Evans is confirmed is rubbish. Rumour was he was seen at Quins training ground. Doesn’t mean anything. Plus they are linked with Kwagga Smith, doubt they would get both or maybe these are rumours by agents trying to price down Clifford signing the extension for them with a lower wage. Until anything is anounced, nothing is confirmed!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:23 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 am George Worth ----> Wasps as Le Roux replacement????? according to TRP
Players that have yet to play any senior rugby. Have they even managed A league action? If Worth goes this summer then those players at what 19 aren't going to seamlessly step up. Ideally we'd want Worth for at least a couple more years so that we have the cover and then if those young guns force their way through were in a strong position. Otherwise we have to go and find a utility back and convince them to join and when all is said and done they'll be here for a contract (probably costing more) and they won't be playing for their team like Worth would be.
19 for a back is fine.