Can someone explain please?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Can someone explain please?

Post by voice of the crumbie »

In the recent communication from Tigers regarding the Saints game being played on a Friday night the email stated something along the lines of Exeter not being able to play on Friday nights. Could someone please explain this statement?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Can someone explain please?

Post by Maidman »

Exeter are playing Saints at Franklin’s Gardens on Friday 28th December. Not sure how that fits with Exeter not being able to play on a Friday.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Maidman wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:09 pm Exeter are playing Saints at Franklin’s Gardens on Friday 28th December. Not sure how that fits with Exeter not being able to play on a Friday.
To clarify I think the statement referred to home games at Sandy Park.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Ah!

I don’t know but I wonder if it has something to do with parking. Chiefs use a business park for pretty much all their car parking, and it probably wouldn’t be available on a Friday night. Just a guess on my part.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Maidman wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:16 pm Ah!

I don’t know but I wonder if it has something to do with parking. Chiefs use a business park for pretty much all their car parking, and it probably wouldn’t be available on a Friday night. Just a guess on my part.
Could be the reason. Like you I'm unsure about this.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

The police believe the M5, which apparently is already bad enough on a Friday night, would be worse with the traffic going to from the stadium so have said that Exeter cannot play at home on a Friday night.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:48 pm The police believe the M5, which apparently is already bad enough on a Friday night, would be worse with the traffic going to from the stadium so have said that Exeter cannot play at home on a Friday night.
Two of my siblings live 200m from the suspension bridge into Sandy Park, support Chiefs and are ex police. Apparently J30 is a complete nightmare most nights but Friday is the worst. There are parking issues too.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

jgriffin wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:02 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:48 pm The police believe the M5, which apparently is already bad enough on a Friday night, would be worse with the traffic going to from the stadium so have said that Exeter cannot play at home on a Friday night.
Two of my siblings live 200m from the suspension bridge into Sandy Park, support Chiefs and are ex police. Apparently J30 is a complete nightmare most nights but Friday is the worst. There are parking issues too.
Thanks for the explanation guys. That makes sense.