Bath next week ....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath next week ....

Post by Scott1 »

What was the last good game he had?! He's been poor for us for a long time and that's a FACT!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:53 pm HT 15-7 with Catt and Garvey out.

Only 8 points back - this is not lost.
its not lost yet but we have to get ball hold onto it and not kick it straight back to them.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

We needed that break. Just get some pressure on them and start getting some territory. We need some ball in hand (whilst not dropping it) and put some backs moves in place.
A bit one dimensional at the moment with the usual just run at them and see what happens.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Some of the comments on here!

If we had just had a half with as much possession and territory as Bath and be only 8 points ahead, people would be moaning we should be further ahead.

Absolute credit to Tigers for their awesome defence. Defence which many on here have criticised recently.

Their second try shouldn't have been allowed either due to a knock on.

Don't be so soon and gloom. We are still in this.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

out of interest is Sam Harrison among the walking wounded or has White simply surpassed him?

I wouldn't say Youngs isn't interested Scott but I wouldn't be upset if it was announce tomorrow he was moving to France post World Cup either
Last edited by Jimmy Skitz on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 25tiger »

2 great scores from Bath, the sheer strength of Jamie Roberts to power over the line even after being tackled and also the mysterious skill of scoring a try despite having 3 players off their feet and knocking the ball on.... well played JP Doyle!

And before anyone says I’m blaming the ref for our slow first half, I think he has been equally bad for Bath and we deserved a yellow. Bath are playing well and we need to have a big first 10 in the second half. Still think we are in it!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Our backrow are being played off the park. We look cumbersome and undynamic where as Bath's are covering ground in attack and defence. JP is letting them get away with a bit but they aren't being paid to be honest.

Got to get some more support in attack as our ball carriers are just getting picked off. They turn us over and then just keep the ball through seemingly endless phases.

Get Evans on for Fitzgerald.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

We look like last season's promoted team holding on for dear life,we are Leicester Tigers!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:58 pm out of interest is Sam Harrison among the walking wounded or has White simply surpassed him?

I wouldn't say Youngs isn't interested Scott but I wouldn't be upset if it was announce tomorrow he was moving to France post World Cup either
Beleive that Sam is recovering from a shoulder injury
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Bath deserve their winning position but is this what new reffing is all about? Make sure that the right team wins despite the laws of the game? JP you are shocking. The Irish twit commentating doesn't help. I despair for the future of the game.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:58 pmout of interest is Sam Harrison among the walking wounded or has White simply surpassed him?
I think Sam has a knock at the minute
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
No8

Post by No8 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:00 pm Bath deserve their winning position but is this what new reffing is all about? Make sure that the right team wins despite the laws of the game? JP you are shocking. The Irish twit commentating doesn't help. I despair for the future of the game.
Couldn't agree more! Dalaglio isn't exactly covering himself in glory either...
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

25tiger wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:59 pm 2 great scores from Bath, the sheer strength of Jamie Roberts to power over the line even after being tackled and also the mysterious skill of scoring a try despite having 3 players off their feet and knocking the ball on.... well played JP Doyle!

And before anyone says I’m blaming the ref for our slow first half, I think he has been equally bad for Bath and we deserved a yellow. Bath are playing well and we need to have a big first 10 in the second half. Still think we are in it!
Slow first half? We scored 7 points inside 2 minutes and our defence has been awesome. Hardly a slow first half!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:59 pmGet Evans on for Fitzgerald.
:smt023 should have been so from the start.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:43 pm Roberts double movement for the first try and knock on for the second. Remind me what the TMO is for again?
Fear not, he will surface when one of our lads makes a borderline high tackle. :smt002