Bath next week ....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath next week ....

Post by Tiglon »

The Roberts try is debatable, I can see both sides of the argument. For me, not a try but if it was a Tigers player? I'm not so sure.

The Knock on - clearly a knock on. As others have said, if Worth was holding on then that means it should be a penalty to Bath. You can't continue a penalty advantage when the team with the advantage knocks on. TMO or one of the touch judges should have reminded JP that his reasoning was plainly wrong. Clear error. Did it change the game? Maybe, maybe not. A penalty to Bath and yellow card for Worth could have resulted in more than 7 points for Bath.

The (Louw?) try not allowed for jumping the tackle - I'd be livid if that was a Tigers try disallowed. I think that law is there to stop people jumping over a proper tackle and creating a dangerous situation, not jumping over a ankle-lunge-shoulder-barge. JP could have awarded the try without going to the TMO and not a single person would have even thought to complain about it. Why pick out a never-enforced and obscure law and apply it to a situation that it surely wasn't intended for?

I do think JP was pretty awful, but as usual Tigers lost because they were the second best team on the pitch.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

G.K wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:47 pm
Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:42 am .........but we should be. The TMO was brought in to stop howlers. It ain't working. Now it's the forwards who decide who wins the game and the ref by how many. (Someone else's line......but I'll steal with pride.)
Professional refs for a professional era.
Stop Thief! :smt075
Ouch! Me noggin! Didn't steal verbatim though. You can claim to be misquoted.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

ourla wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 pm
Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:43 pm Knock on?
Worth holding on illegall?

Still a knock on, IF worth was holding on illegally (Rather than not being allowed to get back to his feet by Bath illegally going over the top.) Then the correct call is a penalty to bath. The had the advantage, they knocked on, they lost the advantage.
Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:43 pmDouble movement?
Not held?

Held, grounded, on the floor, no release, penalty.
Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:43 pmSimple non application of the laws of the game.
Simple disagreement over whether the laws have been infringed?

No doubt laws have been infringed. Ping the beggars!
Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:43 pmYou can add offsides, forward passes, squint put ins and throw ins, hookers feet on the pitch.
You can. Many decisions are debatable

The hooker's feet are either on the pitch or off. A throw line to a line out is either straight, down the centre of the two lines, or not, thrown direct to one's own team.......
Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:43 pmThe game seems determined to ruin itself.
Exaggerrating?

Nope. Too many do not even know what a proper game is now. Let's ignore the laws for the sake of commercial spectacle and those too dim to understand.
Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:43 pmI will admit Bath were the better side
Hurts, doesn't it :smt002 :smt003 :smt001

Yes it :censored: well does!
Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:43 pmbut if they can't execute within the laws of the game then they should not get the points.
Do you mean your interpretation of them?
Nope I mean the expletive deleted (and it was a mild expletive) laws of the game.

I would add "Harrumph!" But I guess you know you are debating with a traditionalist. AKA old fart. :smt001
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:07 pm Yes we certainly are RB!
4 points from 4th
3 points from 3rd

13 points from relegation.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes massive swing today! We are ok now let's look forward but it could quite easily have been a loss coupled with wins beneath us,the situation could've got precarious,let's not lie to ourselves. It didn't so let's move on but let's not pretend we weren't in any trouble coming in today with 1 win in 9.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer