Bath next week ....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Bath next week ....

Post by Tigerbeat »

My guess is that Phil Blake may have already offloaded some defensive ideas....he was seen at Welford Road last week.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:08 pm My guess is that Phil Blake may have already offloaded some defensive ideas....he was seen at Welford Road last week.
Tigerbeat you tease!

But seriously, why haven’t we just confirmed it yet? 😂
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Hinckley Bob wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:07 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm The forum is being over run by footy fans!
That was a gutsy performance today given the circumstances. Part of the rebuilding process.. a great defensive effort.........we've been moaning about poor defence for how long, the boys put a shift in against a top notch back row and still we moan.

I'm going to have a lie down in a dark room before I get very angry......Bill, where are you mate!
Agreed, it was a much improved defensive effort. It looks as though they want to play for Geordan. The issue was the same as in other recent matches against Bath, we can’t match their back row.
Agree Hinckley Bob, when Evans and O’ Conner were in tandem we were a lot more competitive.
If Thompson had been fit ?? But we’ll never know now
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm The forum is being over run by footy fans!
That was a gutsy performance today given the circumstances. Part of the rebuilding process.. a great defensive effort.........we've been moaning about poor defence for how long, the boys put a shift in against a top notch back row and still we moan.

I'm going to have a lie down in a dark room before I get very angry......Bill, where are you mate!
Agreed, it was a much improved defensive effort. It looks as though they want to play for Geordan. The issue was the same as in other recent matches against Bath, we can’t match their back row.
Tigers promote themselves as "England's biggest Rugby club" with that comes expectations, of winning, which for many many years Tigers have failed to to, there are some fundamental flaws with the set up, which again have been pointed out for years and have failed to be corrected.

You cannot laud your past achievements and claim to be the biggest and best then plead poverty the next
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:08 pm My guess is that Phil Blake may have already offloaded some defensive ideas....he was seen at Welford Road last week.
Hope his offloads are better than the players' :smt002 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If it is going to be him, all the paperwork will need to be in order, including visa.....am sure that an announcement will come from the club in time.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Tigerbeat you tease!

GM wouldn't confirm TV pre match either when it had already been posted on the website
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Jimmyskitz, when and where have Tigers pleaded poverty?
www.matthampson.co.uk
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 pm
Tigerbeat you tease!

GM wouldn't confirm TV pre match either when it had already been posted on the website
Thought that was Varndell and Sarto, not Blake?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 pm If it is going to be him, all the paperwork will need to be in order, including visa.....am sure that an announcement will come from the club in time.
If his 'Visa' and other paperwork needs to be in order...how can he have (officially) offloaded any defensive work? Be getting banned before he's started at this rate :smt002
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:15 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 pm

Tigerbeat you tease!

Thought that was Varndell and Sarto, not Blake?
my point was a deal was done, 2 in fact, and when asked GM still wouldn't confirm them and tried to make out nothing was settled, so that would play into Blake not necessarily being announced imminently
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:11 pm

Tigers promote themselves as "England's biggest Rugby club" with that comes expectations, of winning, which for many many years Tigers have failed to to, there are some fundamental flaws with the set up, which again have been pointed out for years and have failed to be corrected.

You cannot laud your past achievements and claim to be the biggest and best then plead poverty the next
The class of Moody, Back and Corry (with Kronfeld and Mafi on the bench) has gone. Our back row is not top notch any more. Especially with two key components, Denton and Thompson missing. That was shown today in spades but it can be rebuilt. Rome wasn't built in a day......but some good foundations are being laid.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:30 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:11 pm

The class of Moody, Back and Corry (with Kronfeld and Mafi on the bench) has gone. Our back row is not top notch any more. Especially with two key components, Denton and Thompson missing. That was shown today in spades but it can be rebuilt. Rome wasn't built in a day......but some good foundations are being laid.
I agree I'm not in the "we're getting relegated" camp but I was simply answering the question
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I thought that Leicester defended really well at times and Bath made a lot of attacking errors.
Got to expect that possession might be limited and pressure will be applied playing away from home and had Leicester perhaps defended one of the Bath tries better or made a more of one of the few chances that they themselves had then it could've shown level on the scoreboard.
Gutsy but in the end not quite enough.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:34 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:32 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:19 pm we were utterly dominated in every aspect,
Well we weren't. 3 penalties to 1 at the scrum and that could have been more. Second half we were the better team but were too clumsy to take advantage of our newfound possession.

Forwards were good in defence but very poor in attack. Kalamafoni may have made an incredible number of tackles but ball in hand he was a walking turnover. Fitzgerald little better though he did run some clever lines. Evans offered some better go forward when he came on running off people's shoulders instead of stationary ready to run into a brick wall.
Tigers forwards seem to be coached into running directly into an opposition players, rather than at the gaps between players, it makes them very easy to defend against.
Genge didn't, Evans didn't. Wells showed a little footwork. Fitzgerald ran some alright lines off of the first carrier. In the second half when we were more aggressive at the breakdown we actually made some decent yards on quick ball.