BoD

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

BoD

Post by PGD »

There's been calls on this forum for a clear out of Tigers' BoD (with some justification). But who makes the decision on sackings? I don't think the turkeys will vote for Xmas.

Who is (are?) the majority shareholder in the business: the Tom family?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: BoD

Post by JackFlashJonny »

How Ged Glynn and Cohen who look after player contracts and signings can keep their jobs is beyond me...the team they have put together for an apparent spend up to the cap is quite frankly an embarrassment to them both!!

But like you say the Turkeys aren't going to vote for Christmas are they...just all leaves a bitter taste in the mouth

It is not surprising to see WR never near full anymore, why spend your hard earned money propping up a BOD that doesn't deserve to run this club!

Until people either vote with their feet or they want to retire we are stuck with them, people aren't going to do the former as 'they love their club' and 'support them through thick and thin' and as for the latter...well we aren't that lucky
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

PGD wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:10 am There's been calls on this forum for a clear out of Tigers' BoD (with some justification). But who makes the decision on sackings? I don't think the turkeys will vote for Xmas.

Who is (are?) the majority shareholder in the business: the Tom family?
i believe Tom Scott is think he has something like 47% (I think)
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I'm not sure how much clout the two ex-players who are non-executive directors have. Both great Tigers favourites but why isn't the best of them all on the board? If Johnno can't be arsed to assist with coaching or mentoring, why not on the board? Clive Woodward had a couple of years which spanned our problems so why did he leave? Is Peter Wheeler doing anything these days? We seemed to go well under him.
Years ago we knew and mixed with the board or management committee regularly. (I am doing back) so you got a good idea of what was happening. OK I am aware of the confidentiality needed in the modern game but maybe a look back to when it all worked, isn't a total waste of time. Happy Christmas all.
A life long Tiger