Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Time for us all to really back Geordan

Post by Ian Cant »

Pleased for Murphy.

Now, let us fans who as usual will be at Welford Road v Quins, get right behind the team.

And the players: if you don’t play now with pride and for a bloke who is Tigers to the core then we don’t need you.

Well done The Board but this is only the start.

Go and look at Sarries and Leinster; look at their set up, the coaches and coaching, the science behind player welfare and structure and of course the business side.

The Hotel isn’t a priority until the club can ensure Premiership Rugby.

Come on Tigers: beat Quinsand start moving onwards and upwards.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Time for us all to really back Geordan

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Absolutely agree!
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Ian Cant wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:23 pm Pleased for Murphy.

Now, let us fans who as usual will be at Welford Road v Quins, get right behind the team.

And the players: if you don’t play now with pride and for a bloke who is Tigers to the core then we don’t need you.

Go and look at Sarries and Leinster; look at their set up, the coaches and coaching, the science behind player welfare and structure and of course the business side.

I don't think there is anyone on the forum who doesn't love the guy and who won't back him 100% but there are loads of us who think the decision is a terrible one, chucking the poor guy to the sharks.
PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PGD »

tigerssteve wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:03 pm

I don't think there is anyone on the forum who doesn't love the guy and who won't back him 100% but there are loads of us who think the decision is a terrible one, chucking the poor guy to the sharks.
Management in any field is shark infested waters! If the BoD give him the tools & ammunition to fight & freedom to implement his ideas (& recruit) he (& we) stands a chance.

I too love the guy, a Tiger through & through & hope he succeeds.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Damn right Ian!
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

PGD wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:09 pm
tigerssteve wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Management in any field is shark infested waters! If the BoD give him the tools & ammunition to fight & freedom to implement his ideas (& recruit) he (& we) stands a chance.

I too love the guy, a Tiger through & through & hope he succeeds.

With your "ifs" given, then yes. Get stuck in bud and make all of us proud. I would love him to make me look stupid. Go on Geordan, drop a goal from your own 22, but on reflection I'd rather see you run it just like the glory days!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I agree with all the above---
But should it not be the team backing GM

I hope GM has the strength to have the hard conversations with the underperformers and nae sayers.
Will he build his own team?
The board has committed to backing him financially

Interesting times....................
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

You'll find them behind the posts waiting for the next conversion. :smt037
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I have doubts about GFs appointment, but I wish him well, and will back him all the way, unless we end up relegated, which hopefully we shall avoid. Next season will be the yardstick by which to really measure him, on the assumption that we are still a Premiership side,
PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PGD »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:43 pm I have doubts about GFs appointment, but I wish him well, and will back him all the way, unless we end up relegated, which hopefully we shall avoid. Next season will be the yardstick by which to really measure him, on the assumption that we are still a Premiership side,
I agree. Our decline took time, arguably several seasons. Expecting us to spring back to a world-beating club in a few games is naïve, though I hope we beat Quins.

Some will say: "the defence works or it doesn't"; inferring that incremental improvements aren't feasible, but I don't think ANY coaching team can wave a magic wand. I'm prepared to accept this as a 'lost season'; avoiding relegation the key (dear god, did I ever think I'd say that about Tigers?).

Mid-table: happy; Europe: v happy; play-offs: delerious. But I think the last two unlikely. Rebuild over the summer (& get rid of deadwood) & as Dangerous says: he'll be judged on next season. We want silverware.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I'm 100% behind the man, absolute legend both on the pitch and apparently in job interviews. If it doesn't work out he's got a bright future in recruiting consultancy.