Murphy appointed head coach

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Murphy appointed head coach

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:09 pm You would want to keep someone who got us relegated? With these players? Lions,seasoned Internationals,etc,really? Wow! How low have we got?!
Correct, I would. To be honest, I'm not really thinking about that as I am very confident that we won't get relegated, so I've not given it much thought.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TBH if we got relegated I would rather keep the coach than some of the players.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yeah but you guaranteed me we would finish above Gloc and they would finish 9th! :smt023
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:14 pm Yeah but you guaranteed me we would finish above Gloc and they would finish 9th! :smt023
Exactly. That's why I'm not worried about relegation.

I said Gloucester and Northampton.

We are already above Northampton and only 10 points behind Gloucester, who are apparently having a great season compared to us, who are having a poor season so far.
Last edited by ellis9 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

I've nothing against Geordan and wish him every success. I'm hoping this appointment is to remove any uncertainty and give him the authority to build the team and structure he wants.

You would like to think that discussions have been had on player retention/recruitment and the ultimate structure of the coaching team before the announcement was made. I would expect Geordan to have made his case and he has now been given the backing and the authority to implement his vision.

I'm as concerned as anyone with the current performances by the team but I'll take this as a positive and get behind Geordan and give him some time to turn things round.
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

MrPartridge wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:57 pm Aside from this appointment, what will now constitute a success for GM and the club? 11th in the league? What are the realistic expectations?
10th?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Ok I'll come off the fence. I hope all goes well for Geordan because
A) l like the bloke.
B) I like the bloke.
And
C) l like the bloke.

What can I do to change the appointment? Rock all. To paraphrase a Scouse mate of mine "One has to perform with the equipment one has." So let's get on with it. Hang on. It's going be a bumpy ride.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I heard this on the radio today, I laughed, what a proper mess they have made that now needs cleaning up, those involved should be ashamed to show their faces in public.
What should be the most attractive job in the Premiership is now a nightmare job.
Some of the comments on here are pretty amusing, especially johnthegriff, backed the hiring and firing all the way, what a commendation! :smt005
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I wish him well, I really do, but I cannot envisage this changing anything, even if we do bring in a new defence coach. Clutching at straws, methinks, although I would like to be proved wrong.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Rugbypass is saying that Nick Easter could be our new defence coach - not sure but would be willing to give any defence coach a chance - https://www.rugbypass.com/news/defence- ... ter-tigers
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Nick Easter??? Did you see Quin's defence while he was there?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 pm Rugbypass is saying that Nick Easter could be our new defence coach - not sure but would be willing to give any defence coach a chance - https://www.rugbypass.com/news/defence- ... ter-tigers
Eesh I hope not, last thing we need is more recently retired players with precious little experience.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Nothing in the article suggests Tigers have actually spoken to him.

"One coach who is currently without a club and could be of interest to the Tigers and newly-confirmed head coach Geordan Murphy, is Nick Easter."
25tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 25tiger »

It’s a shame we can’t get ROG in but can’t see why he would leave NZ for LE.
Marekkrzeminski

Post by Marekkrzeminski »

Let’s get behind Geordan , steady the ship .
I’ve been a season ticket holder for many years . I don’t think bringing in an outsider a better option at this stage . Give the guy a chance !