Lineout

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
BengalTiger
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:16 am

Lineout

Post by BengalTiger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:40 am

One good thing, the only good thing from the Sunday’s debacle, Tom Youngs is not the (sole) source of our line out woes.
Which, strangely I am rather glad about.
In dark times you have to take it where you can get it, pleasure that is!

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Lineout

Post by ellis9 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:42 am

BengalTiger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:40 am
One good thing, the only good thing from the Sunday’s debacle, Tom Youngs is not the (sole) source of our line out woes.
Which, strangely I am rather glad about.
In dark times you have to take it where you can get it, pleasure that is!
Well if people would have actually taken note, myself and a few others pointed this out whenever Youngs was getting blamed for our poor lineout.

voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: coalville

Re: Lineout

Post by voice of the crumbie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:32 pm

I remember at least one lineout that we lost when we over-complicated things. There were 2 or 3 feints as to who was going to be the jumper and when the ball was finally thrown in it was missed. Why not keep it simple?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!

25tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Re: Lineout

Post by 25tiger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Expected to see the responsibility for the failure of the lineout belonging to either GG, SC, the BOD, the hotel, the new carpark, JF, non-Saturday 3 o’clock kickoffs, the salary cap, the senior players or the interim DOR position :smt017

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3644
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Lineout

Post by TigerCam » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:27 pm

25tiger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:25 pm
Expected to see the responsibility for the failure of the lineout belonging to either GG, SC, the BOD, the hotel, the new carpark, JF, non-Saturday 3 o’clock kickoffs, the salary cap, the senior players or the interim DOR position :smt017
Yup! All of the above??
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2872
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: WIGSTON FIELDS

Re: Lineout

Post by WiggoTiger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Sadly let's go back to basics and stop all the running around at line out time. Try a simple throw to the front man.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks.

Re: Lineout

Post by Dangerous4 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:24 pm

At some point someone WILL realise that going back to basics and keeping it simple, should help our game, We have somehow got to the stage that we appear to be running, before we start walking.

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2872
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: WIGSTON FIELDS

Re: Lineout

Post by WiggoTiger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:37 pm

Dangerous4 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:24 pm
At some point someone WILL realise that going back to basics and keeping it simple, should help our game, We have somehow got to the stage that we appear to be running, before we start walking.
Running away normally from fronting up at rucks and mauls
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!

BengalTiger
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:16 am

Re: Lineout

Post by BengalTiger » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:42 am

On a serious note, the reason we lost a few was that they were able to jump into out jumper, knocking him out of the way, this suggests our line out jumpers are not solid-strong enough and that we are predictable so easy to defend against

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cardiff Tig, Crofty, Leicestertinytiger and 2 guests